•Chapter-1•

Unse aakhari mulakaat ke baad,
Raat hi raat huyi Har raat ke baad•

.

.

Riddhima's POV :-

Sunrays passing through the glass window pane fell on my face, breaking my sleep.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Get up Riddhima. You are getting late"

I spoke to myself in a sleepy voice before switching off that mobile alarm that was snoozing from God knows when.

Getting up from the bed, i collected my clothes from cupboard and latched the bathroom door.

After taking my good own time in the shower, i   came out of the bathroom and started drying my hairs.

Hii, I am Riddhima. Riddhima Pathak. I'm 22 years old and currently  studying Interior Designing. I love singing and dancing. And one more thing, Shah Rukh Khan is my first love. Don't you dare to say a word against him, atleast not in front of me.

Oh no, i m getting late. I have to go down. Everyone must be waiting for me .

I picked up duppatta from the bed and placed it around my neck. Checking my look for one last time, I went down to have breakfast. Today i was alone at the dining table. Mrs. DSouza informed me that everyone had finished their breakfast.

After munching two parathas, i went to greet everyone.

"Good morning Maa"

I greeted Anupriya Maa who was making a garland in the temple area.

She looked up and smiled

"Good morning Beta. You are late"

She said making me bite my tongue. I know its so unusual of me. But i donno why i was feeling so restless last night.

"Sorry Maa. I slept late last night. "

I appologized her. She smiled and gestured me with her eyes to sit.

I sat near her in the temple area.

"It's Ok Beta. Now that you are here, Please help me in making this garlands. "

She said pushing the flower basket towards me.

"Sure Maa"

I replied and picked up a needle and the thread bundle from the box.

"Maa...."

I called her. She looked at me amused.

"What?"

She asked looking at my raised eyebrows.

"Navratri is 10 days away. So why are you making these many Garlands from now itself ? "

I asked unable to hold my curiousity. She laughed hearing my question. I don't think it was funny.

"Riddhima, Who told you it's for Navratri? "

She said making me confused.

"Then?"

I asked her again.

"All this decoration and taam- jhaam that you see, is for today."

And then i looked around. Curtains were changed and the entire mansion looked so different. Not that our mansion wasn't clean before, but today it was literally shining.