Final Battle

Robotnik's ship slowly flew through the ring, making its way to the barely alive me.

Ruby looked at Robotnik, and back to me.

"Get up!" she whispered. "Please!"

I could hear Robotnik laughing behind me as his windshield opened.

"You're an astonishing little creature," he said.

Ruby looked around for something, and spotted the bag of rings by her feet. She picked it up, and looked at the situation in front of her.

"It'll be fun to take you back to the lab for a litany of invasive exploratory procedures," Robotnik continued. "Any last words?"

I tried to get up. "Guac... I like that word..." I slumped back down.

Unbeknownst to Robotnik, Ruby had used a ring to teleport herself on the ship behind him, and was sneaking up to him.

"I don't have to tell you how many scientific breakthroughs have been made possible by animal testing," Robotnik said, unaware of Ruby. "You're being very selfish."

"Hello!" Ruby said, tapping Robotnik's shoulder.

He turned to her. "What the--"

Ruby punched him in the face again, knocking off his goggles. They had a brief scuffle, before Robotnik grabbed her arms.

"Who do you think you are?!" he said.

Ruby broke free and punched him again, and pinned him against the dashboard.

"I'm the Cookie Queen!" she said.

Robotnik elbowed her in the stomach, and turned the ship abruptly, knocking Ruby off.

"Auto pilot, adjust!" he said, putting his goggles on. The ship adjusted itself.

Weiss, Blake, and Yang ran to their leader, and knelt by her side.

"Why?!" Robotnik said to them. "Why would you throw your life away for this... thing?! That's why I don't have friends. Next thing you know, you're somebody's best man, they wanna have the wedding outta town, like nobody has anything better to do. Anyway, where were we? Oh, yes... You were about to die."

Suddenly, there was a gunshot, which hit the side of Robotnik's ship.

Team JNPR stood nearby, and Pyrrha was holding Miló in rifle form.

"Those are our friends you're messing with!" Pyrrha said.

A group of huntsmen and huntresses from Beacon stood there, along with the civilians of Vale.

"And our Blue Devil!" Cazy Carl said, lifting an active chainsaw. "Who, as everyone can see, is a very real creature, and not at all invented by me!"

Jaune used Crocea Mors to shove the chainsaw aside. "Just... just put it away, just..."

Blake turned around and looked at me.

"Ruby?" she said.

Ruby turned around, and saw my lifeless body on the ground. She started to tear up.

"No!"

She ran to my side, and lifted my body onto her lap. She held my head in her hands. She looked at the lifeless body of the hedgehog she'd grown to love. She broke down sobbing, and rested her head on my chest.

"I don't mean to be indelicate here, but... someone should get some ice to keep the body fresh," Robotnik said.

Ruby grew enraged at how Robotnik treated me.