Meeting the Team

Weiss, Blake, and Yang walked to the airship landing area, where they saw an airship coming in.

"Who could that be?" Yang asked.

The airship landed, and the door opened, revealing Ruby holding onto something, with her cape covering it.

"Ruby?!" all three of them said at the same time.

They ran up to her as she walked out of the airship.

"What are you doing here?!" Weiss asked. "You're all over the news! What's going on?!"

"There's no time to explain," Ruby said, crying.

"Ruby?" Yang said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said. "But I need your help, Blake!"

Blake tilted her head. "Why?"

"Not here!" Ruby said. "In the dorm!"

Ruby started running to her dorm.

"Ruby! Wait!" Yang yelled, and the three ran after her.

She ran through the door to her dorm, and the others ran in.

"Ruby! What is going on?!" Weiss asked.

"Just listen to me!" Ruby said. She heard growling, and looked down at Zwei, who was growling at her cape. "Oh, hi, Zwei!"

Zwei bit at her cape and started pulling it. Ruby fought back, trying not to reveal me too early.

"Ruby, you're being accused of terrorism!" Weiss said. "What is going on?! We've been worried?!"

"Zwei! Cut it out!" Ruby yelled.

"What is in your cape?" Yang asked.

Suddenly, Zwei tugged the cape off, revealing me to the others.

Their jaws dropped when they saw me.

Ruby looked down at my unconscious body. She started to tear up again.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. She looked back up at her teammates. "Please... he's my friend..."

Yang and Weiss stood by my unconscious body, which was set down on a bed that was set up on the ground. Ruby was bent down next to me, holding my hand, and stroking the quills on my head. She had her cape back on.

"W-Where did you find this thing?" Weiss asked.

"He's not a thing!" Ruby said, pulling me close. "He's as much of a person as you and me!"

"Where did he come from?" Yang asked.

"Another planet," Ruby said. "He needed my help, so I helped him. But now he needs more help."

Blake walked into the dorm, carrying a med kit.

Ruby stood up and used her semblance to rush in front of Blake.

"You can help him right?! Please tell me you can help him!" she said.

"Slow down, Ruby!" Blake said. "I barely know how to help a human or a faunus, let alone a... whatever that is..."

"He," Ruby corrected. "Not 'that'! He! And he's a hedgehog. Or so he says."

"He talks?" Weiss said.

"Almost constantly," Ruby confirmed.

Blake bent down next to me.

"Can you help him?" Ruby asked, bending down next to Blake.