(Y/N) "Sonic" (L/N)

Vale, ten years later.

Ruby Rose stood on a tree, overlooking a large field. She held Crescent Rose in her hands, and was waiting for a Grimm or something to show up. But she hadn't seen one for an hour.

She leaned over, trying to see if one would appear. But nothing.

"Come on, one Grimm?" she said.

Bored out of her mind, she started pretending to shoot a Grimm, making sound effects. When she was bored of acting more childish than usual, she leaned back on the branch she was lying on and looked at the sky.

"I'm bored!" she moaned.

"Ruby?" the voice of her sister, Yang, said from her scroll. "Are you there?"

"No, Yang," she said. "I'm at home. In Patch. With Zwei."

"Wow," Yang said, chuckling. "Must be fun. Could you send a picture of Zwei?"

"No, Yang," Ruby said. "I'm in the Emerald Forest."

"Already?" Yang said. "I mean, I knew you were fast but I didn't think you were that fast!"

Ruby spotted something and, still incredibly bored, decided to take a look. "Hang on, I've got something."

She pulled out Crescent Rose, and looked through the scope at a turtle, which was crawling across the ground at an extremely slow rate.

"Aw, he's so tiny and cute!" she said.

Suddenly, a blue blur dashed past her. She gasped and nearly fell off the tree, but managed to catch herself.

"What?"

She looked around for where the blue came from and where it went, unaware that I was watching from a nearby tree, and trying not to laugh.

I dashed in front of her again, startling her, but not as much as last time.

I looked at her from behind again, and tried not to laugh. Deciding she'd had enough, I dashed away.

She leapt down from the tree, and looked around for me. After walking a couple feet, she spotted something blue in a bush.

She leaned down and picked it up. It was one of my quills. It was blue, and glowing.

"Ruby, we need you down at Beacon!" Yang said from her scroll. "There's a Grimm attack!"

Ruby turned around, and climbed the tree. She grabbed Crescent Rose and dashed back to Beacon.

Yang laughed. "Just kidding, we need an extra player in the board game."

Ruby groaned, but continued to run, leaving the turtle behind.

The turtle was continuing to move at a slow rate, unaware of the beowolf stalking it. The beowolf growled, before lunging at the turtle, roaring.

Suddenly, I leapt off a tree, rolled into a ball, and smashed into the Grimm with my body, sending it sliding across the ground. I grabbed the turtle, and dashed away with it.

I stopped near a road, and looked at the turtle.

"Woah, buddy!" I said. "You almost got yourself killed out there! What are you, some kind of adrenaline junkie? Must be rough being slow all the time. Tell you what, today is your lucky day!"

I began running through the streets, holding the turtle in my hand.

I laughed in glee, as the turtle smiled at the speed.