Rooftop Battle

... I tossed the ring, and it hit the metal of one of Robotnik's egg-shaped drones! We looked around, and realized we were surrounded by his drones!

"Okay, did someone leave their 'Find My Scroll' on?" I asked.

More and more drones surrounded us, and I slowly backed to the edge of the cliff, nearly falling off.

I looked to the side, and saw a larger ship flying in.

It flew directly in front of us. The windshield opened, and revealed Doctor Robotnik sitting there, wearing a red flightsuit!

 The windshield opened, and revealed Doctor Robotnik sitting there, wearing a red flightsuit!

"Welcome to Beacon Academy, Ms. Rose," he said. "Are you enjoying the clam chowder?"

"It's the government wack job who keeps trying to kill us," Ruby said to her friends. "Unsuccessfully! Nice for you to swing by on your way to Comic-Con."

"Yeah, what are you wearing?" Weiss asked.

Robotnik looked at his suit, and back at us. "It's a flight suit. Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag."

"Yeah," Ruby said. "And yet, you still are one." She held her hand out, and Yang gave her a high five.

"Ho ho!" Robotnik laughed. "Good one! You are catching fire, Ruby. I see you've made some friends. Do they have names, or should we just call them 'Collateral Damage'?" He laughed, and slammed against the rims of his ship.

"Hey, watch your mouth," Ruby said. "Unless you want a little more of what I gave you earlier?" She whispered to her teammates. "I punched him in the face."

I got ecstatic. "Oh, she punched him right in the face. It was awesome!"

"The time for talking is over!" He yelled, and said through gritted teeth, "It's time to push buttons."

I felt much more confident than ever. "Your flying eggs are pretty impressive, Mr. Eggman. But let's face it, you'll never catch me."

"Confidence..." Robotnik said. "A fool's substitute for intelligence."

He opened the hatch of a red button, and my quill was being supercharged in the ship. The drones surrounding us opened their flaps, entering attack mode.

"That's not good!" I said.

"Uh... (Y/N)?" Ruby whispered, respecting my real name's privacy. "I know you've got the super speed and everything, but Yang, Blake, Weiss and I...?"

"No weapons?" I said. "Probably going to get blown up?"

"Yeah," Ruby said.

I turned to her. "Don't worry! I know exactly what to do!"

I ran far behind them, turned around, ran up behind them, and shoved them off the cliff.

Robotnik looked down at them, and sat back down in his seat.

"I was not expecting that," he said. "But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count."

The drones fired at me, but, just before the missiles and bullets could hit me, the world slowed down around me. The missiles and bullets moved very slowly towards me, Team RWBY was falling very slowly to the ground, and Robotnik's finger was moving very slowly to the red button below my quill.

I looked at an imaginary watch, tapping my shoe.

I shoved a bunch of missiles out of the way, as Robotnik's finger moved closer to the button.

I grabbed two missiles, hit a bunch of bullets with them, and hit two missiles with them. I leapt onto a drone, and hit it with the missiles in my hand, causing it to slowly explode. I leapt to another drone, grabbing more missiles as I went, and hit it with them. Robotnik's finger was nearly about to touch the button.

I leapt off a drone, and slid on my knees down the cliff, grabbing two more missiles and hitting another drone with them as I went. Finally, Robotnik's finger pressed the button, and it turned blue.

The quill powered up the ship with blue lightning, and it started flying after me, moving as fast as me.

But I didn't notice yet. I turned two drones to face each other so their bullets would hit one another. I walked backwards down the cliff, making finger gun gestures as I went.

"Pew! Pew, pew, pew! Pew, pew, pew, pew..."

That was when I noticed Robotnik's ship flying straight towards me! It fired a red laser at me! I turned around and tried to run away! But the laser hit the cliff behind me, and I started falling to the ground.

When I opened my eyes, I realized I was falling, with my rings falling alongside me, and Team RWBY falling in front of me. I gasped as I fully understood what was happening!

I saw a ring near me. I reached for it, but it wasn't close enough!

"Come on!" I tried air swimming to it, but it didn't work. "Come! Come, come, come, come, come!" I tried to reach for it again. "Come on, come on, come on!"

Then, I got an idea! I pulled a quill out of my head, and used it to grab the ring. I pulled it to me, ran down the cliff, and tossed it behind Team RWBY, sending them to "From Dust Till Dawn!"

I tried to slow myself down, but I hit a tree, landing on different branches, and hitting the pavement.

I could hear the rings and drone parts falling around me.