A Bucket List

Ruby drove to a gas station, which had a bar across the street. She'd taken off her cloak/hood, and left a sweater in the backseat.

She climbed out of the car, and walked over to my window.

"Listen," she said to me. "I'm gonna call Yang, see if he knows what's going on."

"Why can't you call her in here?" I asked.

"I've never driven a car before," she explained. "And I'd like to get some air. Stay in the car, I don't want anybody seeing you."

"Ugh! Fine!" I said.

When she walked away, I was immediately bored, and moved to the driver seat. I started messing with the steering wheel, pretending to be in a high speed chase.

That was when I saw the bar across the street. I saw bikers, and people preparing to race.

I gasped, and bent down to hide from the awesome sight before me. "Okay, okay! That is the coolest place on Remnant, but you have to stay in the car!"

I slowly peeked out the window, and I saw bikers colliding their helmet protected heads, and people winning arm wrestling competitions.

I was breathing so hard on the window, it was starting to fog up. I wiped the fog away and pressed my face against the window.

I saw a monster truck driving in.

I began moving the back support up and down. "Be strong!" I told myself. "Be strong!"

I looked back out the window, and I saw someone standing on a motorcycle, which was spinning around in circles.

That was the last straw! I had to get in there! I just had to figure out how!

That's when I noticed the sun glasses.

Meanwhile, Ruby was standing off to the side, putting her scroll to her ear.

"Hello? Ruby?" Yang's voice came from the scroll.

"Yang, it's me," I said.

"Ruby!" she said. "I'm so glad that you called. Uh, some... some guys came in, asking me some questions. They're a little creepy. Kind of reminded me of the guys from Men in Black, but not as, likable or charming as Will Smith."

"Yang, what kind of questions?"

"About terrorism. I told them that I've gone ice fishing with Ruby. She doesn't know how to make a bomb. She can't even make bait in the cold."

"Alright, Yang, listen to me. This is really important. Don't tell them that we talked, okay?"

Yang looked to her right. Robotnik and Stone were standing right next to her.

"I think they already know..." she said.

Team RWBY's dorm was filled with Robotnik's agents. The doctor took the scroll out of Yang's hand.

"Ms. Rose?" he said.

Ruby cringed at the sound of his voice. "Ruby."

"I want you to know that the only other person who ever punched me in the face was the school bully. He hit me in the cafetaria, causing a blunt force contusion to the soft tissue surrounding my orbital bone. Humiliated me in front of the entire school, and you know what I did in response?"

"Uh..." Ruby was really nervous. "Reported him... to the... principal's office...?"

"No. I examined the inefficiency of a world where brawn trumped brain, and I used technology to resolve that inefficiency. The boy ate his meals through a straw for a year, and I have never lost a fight again... Until today."