Meow?

Ruby Rose was at her home in Patch. After the whole power outage thing, she was allowed to go back home for the time being.

At the moment, she was home alone. The rest of her team was back in Vale helping out with the power outage problem, and Taiyang was out buying groceries.

While she was drawing for fun and eating strawberries, she got a call from Yang. She put the scroll to her ear.

"Hey," she said, putting a strawberry in her mouth.

"Hey," Yang replied. "What'cha doing?"

"Just coloring," she said.

"That sounds fun," Yang said. "The power seems to be working now. Everything should be fine in a few hours."

"Awesome!" Ruby said.

Then, she heard the sound of glass shattering in the garage.

"No way," she said, walking to the window. She saw the trash can toppled over. "The raccoons are still here. And they are in for a surprise."

She walked over to a drawer.

"You're surprise better not be Dad's tranquilizer gun," Yang said. "They're just hungry! And also, that's for bears."

Ruby loaded the tranquilizer gun, and put a baseball cap with the words "Beacon Academy" on her head.

"Good," she said. "Now I know it'll work."

"Ruby," Yang said.

"I'm kidding! I'm just gonna use it to scare 'em. Possibly to death."

"'To death'? Didn't know you had a murderous side."

"It's not murder, it's friendly sabotage. Love you, Sis! Bye!"

"Ruby--"

Before Yang could finish, Ruby hung up.

Meanwhile, in the garage, I lifted my foot after accidentally destroying a pot. Thinking I was okay, I ignored it.

"Okay, I'm in," I said to myself. "With minimal damage to Cookie Queen's property." I pulled out a ring. "Here we go... didn't work out on Remnant, but that's okay. You're going to a safe world. A nice safe world filled with mushrooms. Mushrooms that'll be your only... friends. That sounds awful! I can't do this! You have to do it, there's no other option." I looked at the ring. I sighed. "Alright."

I lifted the ring, preparing to throw, when the garage door was busted open.

"Professional huntress!" Ruby yelled. "Pending background check... Paws in the air--"

She turned to me with the tranquilizer gun, and stopped when she got a clear look at me.

I stood still, jaw dropped at the situation.

"Uh... meow?"

Ruby screamed, startling me, and I screamed too.

She shot me in the leg with a tranquilizer dart, and hit me before I realized what was happening.

"Ow!" I said, before I started to feel dizzy. I looked up at Ruby's hat, and saw the words: Beacon Academy.

"Beacon... Academy...?"

The image of Beacon stuck in my head as I dropped the ring. It rolled along the floor for a minute, and landed on the floor, creating a portal above the academy.

I moaned as I fell over, and dropped my bag of rings into the portal.

"No..." I moaned as the portal closed, and I finally passed out.

Ruby stared at me, completely shocked at what she'd just seen.

"... What...?"