Part 26

Your POV:
Well damn.

Not only did she fuck over us three, she fucked over her secret child too.

"Wait" I whispered, a light bulb flickering on in my head, "if this is the real reason, I've be torturing, blaming, myself for years thinking it was my fault for nothing?".

I turned to look at the iPad.

Mum was sobbing.

"I'm sorry darling. I'm so so sorry".

Tears silently fell down my cheeks. Years of blaming myself and I had done nothing wrong. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Silent no more, I let myself break down. It was like the whole worry over the past 19 years, was finally being washed out. Literally.

I felt Tom pull me into his embrace.

"My sweet sweet girl. It was never your fault. And no one stood in this garden was at any fault either. The only person at fault was your Mum" he spilled. I could tell he was trying to keep his emotions in too. For me.

He hated seeing me like this.

I let my sobs cease, then I looked up. Through blurry vision, I saw Haz and Lottie processing everything that had occurred over the last 45 minutes.

"It's a lot to take in" Jamie murmured, breaking the silence that had fell. "If you don't want to know me, I will walk away now" he added.

No!

No!

Don't go.

"No!" Haz half shouted. "Please don't. I would like to get to know you. Plus, I won't be outnumbered by these two". "Hey!" Tom piped up laughing. We all let out a laugh too.

It eased the tension that was building slightly.

"Yes, please don't go" Lottie added. "Please don't" I pleaded too. Jamie smiled and I could see a stray tear trickling down his cheek. "I thought Christian Grey didn't do crying" I joked, trying to hold myself together. He laughed a real hearty laugh. "Well guess I've become soft in my old age".

-2 minutes later-
"Um, hi" a voice said making us jump.

Forgot Mum was still on FaceTime.

"Oh. You're still here then" Haz snarled.

"I am sorry. I truly am. Please believe me" she begged.

Silence fell.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't. You left me and then lied to me for years. Kept me away from my real family. I can't trust you again" Jamie cried.

"Neither can I" Haz added.

Expected really.

"Make that three of us" Lottie bawled.

It's crap. I can't even give her a hug. Any of them a hug. Bloody Covid.

"Y/n?" Mum asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked down at my hands.

I missed her. I really missed her. But after everything, can I really let myself get hurt again?

This is it.

It's riding on me.

No more going back.

"No" I said a loud. "I can't. You've hurt us one to many times. I will always love you. I've never stopped but I cannot go there again. I just can't". "Please darling" she whispered. "I will keep you updated, not that you were interested anyway, but I don't believe you. I'm sorry". "This is it mind. No going back" She added, her voice small.

Maybe she will realise what she had done.

"No going back" I whispered.

"I love you all" she said and like that, she hung up.

That might have been the last time we saw and spoke to her.

Might?

I'm pretty sure it was the last time.

Everyone was silent for what felt like the 1000th time today.

"I'm so sorry" Jamie said. "Don't be. Please don't be" Haz said. "I would give you a hug but Covid and all" Haz added. We laughed.

"Um, would you like to stay for tea all of you?" Tom asked. "We can get to know each other" I piped up. Jamie, Haz and Lottie's face relaxed and smiled.

"So take a seat. Let's start from the beginning".