Part 16

Your POV:
Getting things for Jack's birthday wasn't the only reason why we went out. Today is Fathers Day and the children wanted to do something special for Tom. I was under strict instructions to keep him out of the house until they told me otherwise. I laughed at how they were telling me what to do but Tom deserves this so I did as they asked.

We left before everyone was up so Tom didn't suspect anything.

"I've found some really nice things that I want to get! We need to go now though so we can get there early as it's on sale!" I told him. He looked at me weirdly. "Can't believe we are going to queue outside a shop at 6:30am" he laughed. "You love me so you'll do it". I smirked knowing he would. "Okay lets go".

We had been out for 6 hours when Tom started getting agitated. "Can we go now?" He groaned. "Tom you're acting like a 5 year old!" I laughed. He just rolled his eyes and moaned.

The children finally texted me saying we could come home. We stopped off at both our Dad's houses to drop off their presents, then made our way home.

"Finally" Tom muttered as we walked through the door. All I could do was laugh at his inner child coming out.

As Tom walked into the living room, Elodie, Freddie and Olivia all shouted, "Surprise! Happy Fathers Day!".

There were balloons up, streamers and a huge banner saying "Happy Fathers Day Dad! We love you 3000". I moved towards the children and looked at Tom. He was crying. "Oh my darlings come here" he sobbed while walking over to them. They all ran to him and tackled him to the floor. I stared at the sight in front of me. It was all I could ever wish for.

Elodie's POV:
Freddie, Olivia and I had prepared Dad's favourite meal. Chicken Casserole. And my god didn't he like Chicken Casserole! He had thirds!!

"Thank you all for my presents" He said to us, kissing each of us on the head.

We had all pitched in and got him all the Marvel Comics and we had framed a photo of all of us that was taken at the beach.

We were just finishing tea when a knock came at the door. "I'll get it" Mum said. "So was this why your mother got me up early this morning then?" Dad asked. Liv laughed, "yeah. We wanted to make it special" she said. "Awh well it was very special my little cupcakes". Freddie scrunched his nose up at that phrase. Dad noticed and teased him. "You know, Uncle Haz was right. Batman is better" Freddie said. Dads face was a picture. Liv and I laughed but before we could respond, a voice beat us to it.

"It's okay Mr Holland, I think Spiderman is better".

I stopped laughing and turned my head to see Frank stood behind there.