Part 31

Wow!

That
Was
Incredible!

"We've still got it babe". I turned to Tom, high-fiving him.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"If you guys have quite finished, I'll like to know what you want from the Chinese" Elodie said, with disgust, from the other side of the door. I burst out laughing. Tom's face was mortified. "I'll text you our order" he stuttered back.

I was laughing uncontrollably.

"Y/n it's not funny!" He scolded. "Oh it so is".

-One week later-
"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Jack
Happy birthday to you"

Jack was finally 1. My grandson has been with us for a year! And what a year it has been!

Toys scattered the floor, wrapping paper, sneakily, making its ways into Jack's mouth.

"The paper is obviously more interesting" Eva laughed.

Haz, Eva and the kids, Nikki, Dom and the boys and Dad, Charlotte and Ben had FaceTimed to watch Jack open his presents. It sucked not having them all here for his 1st birthday but I am so glad we had Facetime.

It was hard for Nikki. Her first great grandchild and she couldn't be here. I could tell by her face.

Fucking virus.

We did a mini photoshoot with Jack and his cake this morning. He most definitely needed a bath after. Smooshing it all over his face, hands, hair. He was a mess but an amazing mess.

"Oh my god Y/n! Did you hear that?!" Tom exclaimed, making me jump with how loud he was. "Hear what?" I asked. "Go on Jack, can you say it again?" Tom cooed. "Pa". I gasped. "Did he just say..?". I couldn't finished the sentence, restricted by the lump in my throat. Tom picked him up and spun him around. "Yes that's right, I'm your Pa" Tom cooed again. Everyone awed.

My heart grew 10x bigger just watching Tom's reaction. You could see the pure love right there and then.

Tears started spilling down my face. "Oh Nanny don't cry" Tom pouted in a baby voice. He walked towards me, Jack still in his arms. As they got closer, Jack made grabby arms at me and reached out. As I took him, he wrapped his arms around my neck. "You cutie you are" I cooed at him. 

-Tom's POV-
My Grandson was 1. I couldn't believe it. He had been in our lives for one whole year. And it was the best year ever.

Watching El and Frank helping Jack open his presents was the best and watching the pure joy on Y/n face was incredible. But hearing Jack say Pa, well, that really made my year.

Liv, Freddie and Jack were zonked out on the living room floor, tired from all the excitement. It was adorable to see them all together.

We definitely went all out. Balloons, streamers, party hats, papery poppers. You name it, we had it.

It was great! But the cleanup was not so great.

"Thank you for everything you two have done over the past year. Especially today. Making it so so special" Elodie spoke to Y/n and I. We were washing up while Frank cleaned the tables off. You could tell she was about to cry. Y/n dried her hands on her apron and pulled El into a hug. "Thank you for giving us a wonderful grandson darling. We will do anything for both of you". "I second that" I beamed while pulling them both into a hug. It was a special moment. Frank came and hugged us too. "Sorry. Felt left out" he laughed. "Thank you to you to" I told him.