Part 13

Elodie's POV:
Dad was a fast walker. I was speed walking, then running. Like dude slow down.

Since the accident, Dad has become very reserved and also very stressed. He's always up early, running around making sure we are okay. Then he's going back and forth to the hospital, then coming home and cooking dinner. Even though I've offered, he won't let anyone help him.

I don't think he's slept probably in a week.

But everytime I ask him if he's okay, his answer is always the same. "I'm fine".

All the family are helping too though. Uncle Harry, Uncle Sam and Uncle Paddy have moved in to help, Nanny and Grandad are always over too and so are Uncle Haz, Auntie Eva and Auntie Lottie but Dad is still adamant to do things himself.

He crossed the road to go into Richmond Park. "Dad!" I shouted. He stopped and turned to look at me. I held my hand up and crossed the road safely.

When I reached him, I put my hands on my knees and took some breaths. "Darling, are you okay?" He asked concerned. I nodded and stood up straight. "Yeah. It's just you're a fast walker. I had to run to keep up with you. And you know, after having a baby, I haven't done much exercise" I laughed. "Sorry sweetpea, I'll go slower next time". "Yeah that'll be helpful". We both laughed.

"I heard the conversation between you and Uncle Haz" I spoke. "Ah. Is that why you followed me?" Dad asked. "Yeah and I wanted to speak to you alone."

I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to know how he truly felt.

We were walking around in silence. It was nice but I needed to know. "Dad?" I said quietly. "Yes El?". "Please tell me how you're feeling". He stopped and looked at me. "I'm fine honey". "Stop lying Dad. Stop saying you are fine. Because you are not. Everyone knows you're not. Please just tell me." I begged him. I put my hand in his and squeezed it. "Please". He looked at me and saw the tears flowing. He brung his free hand and began wiping them away.

"I'm scared, upset, worried about your Mum. I am worried about all of you, worried about my job, your Mums job. I feel like I don't deserve anyone's help as it's my job to fend for my family.", Dad finally opened up. I sighed a sigh of relief. "You don't have to worry about us Dad. We are okay. Yes we are worried about Mum, but we know she is strong and we know she will get through this. I know you're upset about her not telling you about today, but I understand why she didn't tell us. Yes it was wrong and I'm pretty sure she knows that. I mean Uncle Haz has already told her". I took a breath and continued, "both of your jobs are safe. Amy said that Mum is her most valued staff member and she is still paying her. The Russo's are completely fine and understand why you are not on the press tour. And we are all worried for Mum. But like I said, she will get through this. You need to focus on yourself Dad. But please let us help you. You don't have to do everything on your own". I finished and now it was my turn to wipe his tears. "I know but I worry about everything. And it is my job as your father to worry about all of you".

I pulled him into a hug. "Please Dad. By doing this, you will make yourself ill. You need to let us help you. We need you. Please don't keep it all bottled up anymore". The tears were now flowing from both of us. He pulled me into his embrace "I promise princess, i promise".