Part 2

Tom had been waiting outside for the whole time Elodie was in the hospital. He only came in once. He wouldn't come in the room as he didn't want to see his daughter in pain. Elodie's exact words were "Dad you whimp. You saw mum doing this". "Yes but that was different" he responded. "How so?" I piped up. He looked shocked. He didn't know how to respond. He looked from me to Elodie then back to me. "I can't!". He turned around and walked out. That was the last time he came in. If he wanted to know how things were he would either text or speak to us through the door. "For god s..." Elodie went one time but a contraction came. I'd never heard Tom run so fast.

But here he is now, in the hospital room with us, holding his grandson. "At 38 I never thought I'd be a grandad". He was smitten with Jack.

Tom wasn't much of a crier but when Elodie and Freddie were born, he cried like anything. When we were married, he cried and now he was holding Jack. And he was crying. "Perfection" he whispered.

I had left for 5 minutes just to go to the toilet. When I came back, I found Elodie snuggled into Tom and Jack was snuggled into Tom's chest. I snapped a picture and sent it into the family Wattsapp group. It was the perfect picture.