Prologue

Two streaks were moving through the streets of Vale at high speeds, one red, the other blue.

No one they passed could get a clear view of the streaks. Their speed was incredible. But no one was aware of how shocking it would be if they did see them.

The red streak was a man with a mustache inside of a high speed flying vehicle, which was trying to shoot at the blue streak.

The blue streak was me: a blue, supersonic hedgehog.

So, I know what you're thinking: "Why is that incredibly handsome hedgehog being chased by a madman with a mustache from the civil war?" Well, to be honest, it feels like I've been running my whole life

Is this too much? Am I going too fast? It's kinda what I do. You know what? Let's back up.

This is the island where I'm from

This is the island where I'm from. It had everything! Sandy beaches, cascading waterfalls, public access to loop-de-loops! And I never had to catch a school bus because I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds (also there was no school)! I know, pretty sweet island, right?

I was born with extraordinary powers and was told to keep them secret, and like any kid, I did the exact opposite.

That's Longclaw. She took care of me. She was basically Obi-Wan Kenobi, if Obi-Wan Kenobi had a beak and ate mice.

I came home to her one day after a run. She sighed when she saw me.

"(Y/N)," she said, "someone could have seen you!"

I wasn't worried about that at all. "It's Sonic! And no one saw me. I'm too fast! And, I wanted to bring you this!"

I pulled out the flower I'd gotten, and held it out for her to take.

She smiled, and reached for the flower. However, she quickly stopped, and looked out the front door, her smile gone.

"GET DOWN!" she yelled, lunging at me, wrapping her wings around me, and shutting the door.

Arrows shot into the door, which protected us from them. One arrow shot through the window, hitting the flower I'd gotten.

Turns out with great power comes great power hungry bad guys, and I led them right to us!

A group of echidnas stood at the windows, nets and bows ready to capture or kill me.

Longclaw busted through the window and attempted to fly away, holding me in her claws.

The echidnas tried to shoot her with their arrows. She managed to avoid most of them, but was hit in the stomach by one of them.

We fell from the sky, and she crashed into the ground, holding me in her wings.

She stood up, and set me down in front of her.

"Listen carefully, (Y/N)," she said. "You have a power unlike anything I have ever seen, and that means someone will always want it! The only way to stay safe is to stay hidden!"

Longclaw pulled out a ring from her small bag, and tossed it behind her, opening up a portal to another planet.

"This world is on the far side of the universe," she said. "You should be safe there."

"I don't want to go without you!" I said.

"You must!" Longclaw said, giving me the bag of rings. "These rings will be your most important possession!"

She gasped at the sight of the echidna tribe coming out from the bushes and charging at us.

"If you're ever discovered, use one," Longclaw continued. She shoved me to the portal. "Never stop running! Now go!"

I turned around and ran through the portal. When I turned around, I saw the echidna tribe charging at Longclaw, as she raised her wings to keep them from getting through the portal.

"LONGCLAW!" I yelled, dropping the rings and running back to her.

"Goodbye, (Y/N)," she said.

"NO!!!" I yelled.

I tried to run through the portal, but it closed before I could reach her.

"No!"

I stopped running, panting in shock at what just happened.