Chapter 13 - Our Last Night

He did it. He just told everybody I'm pregnant. Just like when he told he had a crush on me last year. Oh God! What is he planning to do with this? What will Snow say? Well, I hope we convinced him that we love each other because we are having a baby now.

Everybody is speechless. That did took them by surprise. Even me. I look at him and even at distance I can see a little smirk on his face. He has something planned off.

Suddenly, everybody in the public starts yelling and making noises, shouting things like <<she's pregnant>> <<you cant send her now>> and many more. I get it now. They want me off because I'm pregnant. Peeta is trying to stop them from sending me.

And then I get really emotional and my eyes start to get a little teary. Caesar whispers something to Peeta and he walks toward me and embraces me into a hug. He pats my back and I rest my head in his shoulder.

-"I love you", he whispers into my eat, which makes me even more emotional, knowing that in less than 24 hours , we'll be at the arena, and who knows if alive. The bustle from the crowd is so loud, making the microphone's sound inaudible, by which Caesar is trying to calm the people down.

Everything is going really fast now. The people's constant yelling. Caesar's tension and all the victors holding hands, just to show the Capitol that we are all one and we are against it. Against the games. Against the Capitol. Against Snow...

And suddenly, the lights go off.

                                        --

We get rush back into our floor and by the time we get there, Haymitch and Effie are already waiting for us. I can feel Peeta's body tense as we walk closer to them. He might think that what he did was wrong or something. But Haymitch only walks to him and puts his hand on Peeta's shoulder.

-"That was genius", Haymitch says and Peeta relaxes. "Right place at the right time. Unfortunately, the games are still on"

-"They will run some tests on you tomorrow to see if you really are pregnant", Effie says.

-"So this is an advantage right?", Peeta asks

-"I don't see how, we are still going", I say harshly than I intended. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean.."

-"Its okay Katniss.Now everyone from outside will want to sponsor you, so you and your baby can get out".

-"But at the same time, the other tributes mught want to kill me faster, knowing that already", I say. Peeta's arm sneak around my waist.

-"Let's be positive okay?", he says and kisses the top of my head. I look at him and nod. We say our good nights and walk into our room. We strip down our clothes;  I put some grey pajamas and Peeta stays in his boxers. We both lay down in bed, my head resting in his chest and his index finger making 8s on my stomach.

We don't say anything, but we know it.

This might be our last night together.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Heyy guys
Happy New Year!!
I'm so sorry it took me forever to update but I was on another country and I was always busy and when I wasn't I didn't have where I could update so I didn't.
Anyways, I know this is a really short chapter but I wanted to keep it like this, so the next ones will be longer.
Hope y'all enjoyed it

Love,
☺-Lourdes