Chapter 14 - Launching

I wake up with Peeta's arms around me, his hands stroking my stomach. I turn around and see he's wide awake.

-"Couldn't sleep?", I ask but he doesn't answer, instead he pulls me closer to him and kisses me passionately.

-"Katniss?", he says as he stops our kiss.

-"Yeah?"

-"I love you", he says and my heart melts. "I just wanted to tell you, just in case someth...", I stop him by kissing him again.

-"Sh...", I say and rest my head on his chest; I can feel his constant heartbeat. Who knows if I'm gonna be able to hear it again?

-"Katniss, it doesn't matter what happens to me while we are out there, you have to be strong and protect both of you. Okay? Promise me that"

-"Peeta..."

-"You two are the most precious things I have in my life and I need you to take care of both of you", he says and I start to sob. He already considers himself dead.

But who knows what might happen inside that arena?

                                   --------------

Breakfast was quiet, no one talked. There was no point on explaining what we have to do, we already know it. Then, once we were all done, it was time to say goodbye to Haymitch and Effie. She got Haymitch a golden bracelet and Peeta a locket which they apparently already talked about, to show everyone that we are a team. Then she said how sorry she was and started to cry; she can be the biggest drama queen, but we all four have created a special bond, and its hard to say goodbye when you don't  know if you are gonna see them again. Haymitch and Peeta exchanged a few words and then he came to me, I hugged him tightly and he told me this words I know I'm gonna remember: "When you are in the arena,remember who the real enemy is"

Now Peeta and I are sitting on our floor's living room. They gave us a few minutes to talk before we have to go get ready. We are just sitting there, my head on his shoulder,my legs over his and his hand carresing my thigh. Just absorbing each other's presence, like a normal day. After a few minutes,Cinna and Portia walk to us. I hug Peeta tightly. Its time.

-"Look for me once we are there okay? I'll look for you", he says and kisses me passionately.

-"I love you, both of you", he kisses me once again and then my stomach.

-"I love you too", I say and peck his lips one more time before letting him go.

                              --------------

In less time that I can count, Cinna has me already dressed in my gray and black bodysuit, my hair braided and we are waiting for me to be launch. He pins my Mockingjay pin on my upper arm and smile.

-"Remember I'm still betting on you girl on fire", he says quoting what he said last year.

-"That dress you made for me was beautiful I just wanted to tell you in case..."

-"Shh...", he cuts me off and pulls me into a hug.

-"10 seconds before launching", somebody says and I let go of Cinna.

-"Thanks for everything", I say

-"It was nothing. Take care of the baby, the next time I see you I wanna see you both and Peeta okay?", he says and I chuckle and nod. I walk inside the clear plate and the glass door closes behind me.

-"One second before launching", they say again and I wait until this second is done, because in less than a minute, I'll be in the arena.

But for some reason, the plate isnt moving when the second passed. I look at Cinna and he senses something wrong too. Suddenly, three peacekeeper enter the room and start punching Cinna until knocking him dead. I start punching and screaming for them to stop, but they just grab Cinna by his legs and drag him out of the room just as the plate starts to move up.

Cinna is dead. He is dead. And we haven't even entered hell yet.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey guys
Im sorry for not updating in so long but I was sick and then I had a lot of school stuff but today I didn't have school so I decided to write and update.
Anyways I know the chapter is crappy and really short but I wanted to update. Anyways, I hope y'all like this.
Don't forget to comment and vote.
Love y'all
-LC