Chapter 12 - Interviews

I follow the peacekeeper to the waiting room.

Today, they will evaluate us. I get inside and look around. Everyone I already saw in training is sitting with their district partner. I look at the last sits. Peeta is sitting with his elbows resting in his thighs and looking at the floor. Is the first time I've seen him since our fight. I sit by his side and look at him, hoping he would look at me. Unfortunately, he doesn't move.

I watch how slowly and one by one, everyone gets called and walks inside. I'm shaking, I still don't know what to do.

After they call Seeder, Peeta and I are alone. I look at him, hoping he will say something, but he just looks at me for a second and then looks away.

-"Peeta Mellark", they call him. He stands up and walks inside.

I need to talk to him.

Then, after like 10 minutes, they call me. I stand up and walk slowly, thinking of what should I do. Peeta passes by my side, walking  on the opposite way.

-"Good luck", he whispers. I smile big. Then I see what Peeta did. A little girl with white flowers on her hands laying on a bed of grass. Rue. I let a tear fall.

And suddenly I know what to do

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I run back to our floor and knock on Peeta's door. He doesn't reply so I just open it. I see him laying on his stomach, still with his training clothes. I get closer and see he's sleeping. I lay down by his side.I close my eyes, trying to enjoy this moment, with him by my side, even though he's asleep.

Suddenly I feel some familiar arms sneak around my waist and rest his hands on my stomach. I turn around a little and see him with his eyes barely open, smiling at me. I turn around completely and we both stare at each other. Then he kisses me passionately.

-"I missed you", I say as I peck his lips once again

-"Im so sorry", he says

-"No, in that case I'm the one who should apologize. You were just trying to protect us"

-"It was stupid. Let's just forget about it", he says and I smile.

-"I'm glad I have you back", I say and kiss him

-"I'm glad to have you both again"

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

-"Katniss, I need you to look at me", Octavia says as she does my makeup.

-"Uhh?", I ask

-"I can't do your makeup if you keep looking at Peeta", she says and I blush. Peeta is sitting by my side while Flavius gets him ready.

-"But he looks so damn hot, it's not my fault", I say. He laughs and I wink.

-"Katniss look at me!", Octavia yells

-"Okay, okay", I say as I sit straight. Peeta laughs

After a few minutes, Octavia and Flavius finish with us and each of us go with our designers to get ready. Cinna dresses me up in a wedding dress. Then we wait for our turn. I'm actually pretty nervous, but not like last year. I'm nervous for losing Peeta and our baby.

(A/N

-"And now from District 12, Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire", Caesar Flickerman calls my name and everyone starts shouting for me. Caesar, as always, asks questions about ourselves which I reply with a fake smiles. I hate that they wanna get into our private life. After everything I twirl in my wedding dress, which becomes a short dark dress with wings on my back

-"Its a Mockingjay", I say as I see the confusement in everyone's faces.

I am the Mockingjay

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

-"So Peeta tell me, how do you feel about this, the whole wedding being canceled?", Caesar asks Peeta.

-"Well, actually Katniss and I did got married", he says and everyone gasps in shock, including me.

-"Peeta, tell us more", Caesar asks.

-"We wanted our love to be eternal and I think we both wouldn't have any regrets if...", he says but stops himself.

Oh God! What are you gonna say?

-"If it weren't for what?", Caesar asks. Everyone is quiet, waiting to see what he has to say.

-"If it weren't for the baby"

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Hello guys
I'm so sorry for not updating but I have a lot going on right now, but is nothing bad.
-
Sorry if the chapter is kinda bad I've had my mind in something else. But I promise you guys the next chapter will be better.
-
Thanks for almost 3k I love you guys
-
Love,
☺-Lourdes