Chapter 4: Allies

Kuroo reached the door of the building where the base of his pack was. It was the same building that Daichi lived in, so surely that was why it was him who had gone to call Kuroo.

Taking a deep breath of icy air, he entered the building and let himself be guided by the voices; they were coming from the ground floor, so he took the dark stairs and down them. The door where the infirmary was was ajar and a beam of light came through the gap.

Kuroo threw open the door and leaned against the doorframe with his arms folded, staring at the alpha who lay sprawled on the gurney with his clothes burned and tattered. He reeked of aconite and sadness. Yaku, one of the omegas of Kuroo's pack, was bandaging his arms under the watchful eyes of 5 other boys who accompanied Bokuto.

Before even saying a word, the omegas and the other alpha turned to face him. Yaku, Atsumu and Konoha looked at Kuroo with a frown and a shocked expression on their faces, one could almost say it was a disgusted expression. The three betas however, unable to smell the pheromones, didn't notice, and only looked at Kuroo when they realized the heavy tension that had suddenly fallen on the spot. Kuroo's expression of irrational fury spoke for itself, so that the omegas looked away almost immediately, frightened by the black-haired man. Bokuto also looked away to see how Yaku continued to bandage his arms.

"Great, they smelled Oikawa-kun on my body. I couldn't ask for a better welcome," Kuroo thought.

However, although Kuroo didn't know it, neither Yaku nor Atsumu nor Kohona had detected Oikawa's scent. What they had sensed was the unpleasant smell of pride and superiority, mixed with anger and stubbornness that the alpha emitted. A distinctive scent that omegas had a hard time holding, even if the scent came from their own leader. Bokuto had never experienced that, as despite his broad shoulders, strong arms, and sharp gaze, he was not a proud man and could sometimes seem like a little boy to protect. What's more, he had little confidence in himself and his worth as a leader, but still the remnants of his pack were loyal and trusted him, not only as the head of the pack, but also as a friend.

"What happened?" Yaku asked shyly before anyone else could say anything, trying to ignore the fear that gripped him. Kuroo shot a penetrating at his back.

"Leave us alone," was all the reply Kuroo gave. Atsumu tried to complain and reply.

"We want to stay"

"I SAID GET OUT," Kuroo roared using his alpha voice.

Even Bokuto was surprised at his attitude. The three omegas and the three betas obeyed without question, looking down at the ground and shrugging slightly. They were scared, the presence of a raging alpha was terrifying, and the least they wanted to do was anger him even more. The six boys left the place without saying a word under Kuroo's sharp gaze. Only when all six had disappeared from sight did Kuroo enter the room and slammed the door behind him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have a bad awakening?" Bokuto asked looking at Kuroo with an annoyed expression.

Kuroo didn't reply. He grabbed a low stool and pulled it over to the gurney to sit next to him. Now that he was close, the scent that Kuroo's body gave off was easily recognizable. Bokuto's eyes widened and looked at Kuroo, seeing the guilt deep in his hazel eyes.

"What have you done?" Bokuto whispered with a horrified expression.

"That's none of your fucking business," Kuroo replied fiercely. Bokuto looked at him with distaste. Even though he was his friend, they didn't always understand each other.

"Of course it's my business," Bokuto replied, sitting up from the gurney. "I have come to ask for your help, and you receive me smelling to an... an alpha? You should be looking for a male or female omega for heirs, not a fucking alpha. Are you dating? Who is it?"