Chapter 27: Naked

RECOMMENDED SONG: NAKED BY JAYMES YOUNG

"[...] Analogous to what happened to the alpha Sakusa Kiyoomi, Miya Osamu discovered that his parents were also test subjects in the experiments carried out by the hunters in the so-called Gamma Case. The reports confirm with photographs (which I will not include in this report) that the bodies were dead at the time their files were closed.

The tests carried out on both werewolves aimed to collect more information about the morphology and reactions of the body of the lycanthropes and, in this way, to find a better way to exterminate the species, namely, increasing the effectiveness of the aconite or searching a more effective substance. Experiments carried out include the following:

Extraction of DNA samples to better study the genome. Results: not applicable.

Incisions, cuts, lacerations, shots and punctures with knives and hecatolite bullets to test the effects of the material. Results: minor burns that make it difficult for wounds to heal and slightly weaken the immune system. Not deadly.

Incisions, cuts, lacerations, shots and punctures with knives and silver bullets to test the effects of the material. Results: similar to hecatolite, minor burns that hinder wound healing and slightly weaken the immune system. Not deadly.

Intradermal injections of mistletoe (Viscum Album) to test the local effects of the poison. Results: mild allergic reactions, redness of the skin.

Intravenous injections of mistletoe (Viscum Album) to test the  general effects of the poison. Results: severe allergic reactions, nausea, dizziness, loss of consciousness.

Intradermal injections of wolf's lichen (Letharia Vulpina) to test the local effects of the poison. Results: severe allergic reactions, mild skin ulcers.

Intravenous injections of wolf's lichen (Letharia Vulpina) to test the general effects of the poison. Results: nausea, weakness, severe allergic reactions, dizziness, mouth ulcers, loss of consciousness, severe respiratory problems.

Intradermal injections of aconite, monkshood, luparia or wolfsbane (Aconitum) to test the local effects of the poison. Results: local burns, severe allergic reactions, severe skin ulcers.

Intravenous injections of aconite, monkshood, luparia or wolfsbane (Aconitum) to test resistance to the poison. Results: nausea, weakness, very serious allergic reactions, loss of muscle control (spasms), ulcers, corrosion of the blood vessels that caused severe damage to the organs, internal bleeding, severe heart damage.

Cause of death: multi-organ failure due to poisoning."

Atsumu's hands were shaking as he held the report that Bokuto gave Sakusa with all the information that the betas had collected. Osamu found a lot of information, some of it unexpected as Bokuto communicated, but of course Atsumu didn't expect to find the name of his parents or a detailed description of what happened to them in the document. When Sakusa handed him the papers and he started reading the written text, Atsumu felt his world spin around.

Now his eyes moved from one side of the page to the other, trying to follow the dancing and trembling letters in the light of the single lit candle, but the page vibrated and shook so much in his hands that he couldn't even read the first word correctly. He had read it only once and hadn't been able to continue due to shock. It was nauseating, terrifying, and overwhelming to read something as horrifying as what happened to his parents. The pain they must have endured as they were slowly drowned with various poisons or wounded with different materials to test the effectiveness of the weapons had been his parents' last —painful, suffocating and rotten— contact with the real world before departing beyond.