Act V - Chapter 26

Act V – Chapter 26

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains mention of character death. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

Moving around took some getting used to, Jesse had found out as a simple bounce of her heel sent her floating in the air. Every gesture seemed to have more power to it, her arm movements more forceful. More... determined.

Even with her right hand gone, her new form was able to adapt - she could 'grab' things with her mind, and then secure them with her good hand if she needed to.

They made their way outside; it felt natural, to be able to observe their reflections in the water and see how they had changed. Romeo and Jesse found themselves looking at each other, watching their new forms move about with intrigue.

Soren and Antonio stood behind them, Soren floating slightly above the water as he skated around. The heels of his shoes tapped the water's surface, making waves as he did figure-eights. Antonio rolled his eyes, looking down and watching his reflection change as he moved.

Soren's form hadn't changed much. His skin tone and orange hair were the same, but his eyes had changed - his sclera were black, and his pupils were shining a bright orange; the same shade as the glowing orange markings around his forehead. His coat fluttered behind him, his outfit like a conductor's. He laughed, skating and sliding to a halt on the island.

Antonio looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. His hair color remained unchanged, but his skin had turned golden and his outfit looked completely different - a black long coat with golden web-like markings on his sleeves and back, a gold shirt with a black tie and pants underneath, and boots with golden soles completing his outfit.

"Enjoying your new abilities, I see," he said flatly, rolling his eyes as Soren scoffed defensively.

"Oh, is a man not allowed a touch of levity in these stressful times?" Soren quipped, shaking his head as Antonio got to his feet, looking over at Romeo and Jesse.

"Don't get too careless, Soren," warned Romeo, giving Soren a golden-eyed stare. "Remember the plan, we're supposed to be keeping our new Admin powers a secret."

Soren waved his hand. "Yes, yes, I understand that... It should be simple to keep powers a secret in a forest barely anybody knows about."

"Oliender knows this forest, Soren," reminded Antonio. "And besides, just because nobody comes out here much, doesn't mean we should get careless. All it takes is for us to be getting careless and for some hiker to accidentally stumble upon us, and our secret is out.

"Speaking of which," Antonio continued, turning to Romeo. "How are we supposed to hide the fact that we four are now colorful, near-omnipotent Admins, Romeo?"

"From the stories Soren has told me about Xara, I believe he and Jesse have had first-hand experience with the answer to that question, mind enlightening us, Jesse?" asked Romeo, giving Jesse a wink.

Jesse, confused at what Romeo was talking about, widened her white eyes as she realized what he was getting at.

"Yes! Back before Xara sent us down to Ironguard, she had led us on a wild goose chase away from Beacontown, using that hologram of hers and disguising as one of our dead friends so we wouldn't suspect anything. Just about broke poor Jack's heart right then and there when he saw her reveal herself after thinking he had gotten his friend back."