Act V - Chapter 22

Act V – Chapter 22

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains swearing and major character death. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

There is a key difference between a good friend and a bad one.

Good friends do what you ask, they appreciate what you do for them. They never betray you.

Jesse is a perfect example of what we call a good friend. Other good friends include, in no particular order... Fred and Soren. Basically, all decent people who refuse to let prejudice control them and force them to abandon someone in their darkest hour.

Now Xara on the other hand, she is the perfect example of someone who I don't stand for. Evil, cunning and a sadistic bitch to boot.

Oh, but then, THEN... as if what she done to me and Sourcemist wasn't enough, I find out she had been orchestrating the rift between me and Fred from the start?! ARGH!

But that was also when luck finally came my way. We found the one thing that can potentially turn the tides, and see Xara defeated once and for all...

...The Debug Stick.

This is it, I cannot believe this is it! After all those years of suffering inside the Ironguard Detention Facility, after all those dreams of getting revenge on that sadistic bitch. I cannot believe this is finally happening.

And now poor Xara is doomed, and is about to learn a valuable lesson in why she shouldn't have screwed with me.

The saddest part of all, though, is that Fred... poor Fred never found out about Xara's true colors until it was too late. Neither of us did. And now he will never get to see me take down Xara for good.

But, at least he, the other one, had the courage to cut all his ties and leave us... before he got roped into this mess. Fuck, I still miss him though.

Jesse sat up, and saw the bright flash fade, leaving behind nothing but a huge smouldering wreck...

She opened her mouth, trying to scream even though no sound left her. Romeo motioned for her to stay there, standing up to get a better look.

Sure enough, Xara was there, floating above the now-destroyed walls... and holding someone up next to her, before dropping them into a horde of chipped zombies.

"S-she.. sh-she.." Romeo stammered, unable to form words as his hands balled into fists. He turned around, and seeing a hologram of Xara appear right between him and Jesse, he saw red.

"You... fucking... BITCH!" he roared.

"Now, now, is that any way to speak to an old friend, Romey?" Xara taunted.

"Y-you!" With a scream, Romeo launched forward and attempted to charge tackle Xara, forgetting in his blind rage that she was a hologram, and phased right through her, landing on Jesse.

"You can't hit light, dummy!" taunted Xara, bursting into her shrill laughter. Jesse grabbed Romeo's shoulder with her remaining hand and pushed him off of her.

"Get... off... me!" Jesse groaned, getting up and drawing her sword again. "Where the fuck is the real you? Where are you hiding?!" She growled, prompting Romeo to raise an eyebrow towards her. When'd she start picking up on his... vocabulary?