Act III - Chapter 15

Act III – Chapter 15

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

"Soren, you can't keep shoving your nose into things like that," scolded Stella when Soren finally went up to her office. "It's bad form."

"Look, Stella. I'm gonna be honest with you here, I need your help," said Soren, scratching his head. "I need an axe."

"Why, exactly?" Stella asked, folding her arms. Soren internally sighed. Why did she have to be so difficult? "Not that I, y'know, really care. It's probably stupid."

"Fine!" huffed Soren. He wasn't in the mood for this. "You want the truth? Here is the truth – I'm trying to get to Cell Block Tango."

"As much as I admire you actually telling the truth," said Stella. "There's not a creeper's chance in a cat pack. Not helping you here. No, not risking angering the Admin.

"I had to really prove myself to get this gig as it is. Not giving it up for you. I have a place here. Respect, y'know, and power, and yeah... the works! It's actually very prestigious. Many, many people would love to have this position."

Soren groaned. "Let me tell you something. When the Admin first caught up with us, she mentioned a Redstone Heart. You following me?"

Stella raised an eyebrow.

"Yes? Although I don't see what point you're trying to make here, Soren."

"I'm getting to that," snapped Soren. "So, this Redstone Heart, I actually worked with that very item myself a time or two, and what the Admin can do with that heart... it will horrify you."

"Hm?"

"The Redstone Heart is supposed to be some kind of power-source, like a super version of a Redstone Block. Of course, some people believe that thing is just a power-source and nothing more, but I don't think so. When I was working with it, I could sort of feel that something was very off about it. It was the exact same feeling I got in the presence of the Admin.

"I don't know exactly what that thing is fully capable of, but I have a strong feeling that what the Admin is planning to do with it, will spell disaster for everyone, and I mean everyone," Soren said, giving Stella a look that he was totally serious. He saw in Stella's expression that she was starting to have second thoughts about working with the Admin. Now, to drive it home.

"Stella, if you don't help me, your town – Champion City, could be in for serious trouble," said Soren, hoping that the mere mention of Champion City in such a state would get Stella to give in. "And I can tell just how much that place means to you."

Stella now looked fearful. Seems Soren did get through to her after all. She nervously glanced around before pulling an iron axe out of her inventory.

"Here's the axe," she said, as Soren took it. "But if what you say is true, if Champion City really is in danger, I need you to help me get out of here. I know we haven't really gotten along, what with you being friends with Jesse and all, but I also know that you really have something personal against the Admin. With the way you kept glaring at her. That's not too much, right?"

Soren sighed. "Sure, Stella. I'll be happy to help you get out of here."

Her face brightened.

"If you're happy, I'm happy," she said.

Soren held the axe up. "I'm going to use this to break into the control room, and hopefully gain us entry into Cell Block Tango. I'm not sure how we're gonna sneak by the guards in there, but..."