Act I - Chapter 4

Act I – Chapter 4

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

The sun was already starting to set, coating the entire landscape in a bright orange hue as Jesse and Petra walked along the path, away from the sprawling towers of Champion City. Petra brandished her glowing golden sword, Miss Butter.

"Rah! Feels so good to have you back!" She yelled with excitement as she held it up in the air. "Thank you so much for your help. I know it got a little weird back there, but I appreciate you still helping me anyway."

Jesse shrugged. "Hey, it's all in the past Petra. Just happy to reunite you with your favorite deadly weapon."

"Ohhh, and it feels so good!"

Jesse and Petra walked past the sign that Jesse had placed down earlier, to warn any bystanders to keep off the grass that was covering the heckmouth. Right as Jesse walked past it, the block in her inventory began to laugh again, and she heard a rumbling come from the grass marked by the sign.

"What is that?" questioned Petra, staring at the ground nervously. The ground began to shake, indicating that an explosion was imminent. Jesse, seeing the danger, dived into Petra, pushing her out of the way as the ground behind the sign blew wide open, exposing the heckmouth once again. But there was an even bigger problem, the heckmouth was spitting out mobs, ranging from creepers, spiders, zombies, skeleton and even Endermen.

But they weren't regular mobs. These mobs all had a color scheme of black, with glowing purple eyes, very similar to the block in Jesse's inventory, which was once again glowing.

"Sign didn't stop that," remarked Jesse.

Petra pointed to a group of purple creepers that were moving toward them at an unnaturally fast pace. "Or those."

"Whoa! That's a lot of creepers!"

"And they're all purple?! That should be impossible!" cried Petra.

"Tell them that!" said Jesse as she dived in and swung her sword, knocking the purple creepers back into the pit as they exploded, with a much bigger blast radius than regular creepers. She attacked another creeper, only for her sword to snap into two pieces. "Gah! Stupid cheap sword!"

A purple creeper began flashing and moving towards Jesse. Petra dived in while shouting, "I gotcha covered Jesse!"

Petra used Miss Butter to knock the creeper back into the pit. She gave her sword a kiss. "So good to have you back!"

Jesse, meanwhile dodged a few roaming purple creepers, before they grouped together with some purple zombies. She pulled out the purple block, it looked pretty durable, perhaps it could help. "Oh, no you don't!"

With a running start, she held the block in-front of her and jousted right into the purple mobs, knocking them back down.

"WHOO!" She screamed. "THAT WOULD'VE BEEN DUMB! IF IT WASN'T SO AWESOME!"

She turned to Petra. "C'mon, we need to get this thing covered up again."

Jesse and Petra scooped up some of the grass a little distance away, and used it to cover up the hole, leaving no evidence except for a circle-shaped large brown patch. The sun had completely set by now, and night had fallen. Jesse sat down, catching her breath.

"I—I don't know how we're going to get this to hold. That heckmouth blew right through the ground!"

"First that weird purple block, then that pit spitting out purple mobs... we need to get to Jack's fast," agreed Petra.