Act IV - Chapter 17

Act IV – Chapter 17

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains swearing and depictions of violence. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

The Admin – A villain who can crumble carefully laid out plans with the wave of her hand? How do you face a foe, who is always two steps ahead? Do you hide who you really are? Not everyone can face a madwoman head on. Some... join her.

Others put on a brave face, even when they're scared. But no matter what, encountering that kind of evil changes you. It can turn you into a hero...

Or... something else.

If there's a lesson to be learned, it's be careful when you get close to an Admin.

You never know what might happen, if you dig too deep...

"Do we have everyone? Everybody safe?" asked Jesse as they reached the bottom of a set of stairs.

"Yes... unfortunately," answered Magnus, sneaking a glare at Romeo. "Still can't believe you're trusting this scam nugget!"

Radar wasn't having it though.

"He's not some 'scam nugget.'" he defended.

"Oh yeah? Need I remind you that he was an Admin!"

"Stop it! He's really trying to help!"

"It's okay! I get it!" Romeo spoke up, waving his hands. "I know you haven't had the best history with Admins, I get that. But I am nothing like Xara Stewart. I'm not your enemy. Trust me, I want nothing more than to see her dead corpse. As long as you oppose her, you have nothing to fear from me."

Magnus raised an eyebrow.

"In fact, my reasons for revenge are much more personal than yours. Here, let me show you why."

Romeo gestured for them to follow before walking towards an opening of the dark room they were in. Looking out, Jesse saw what Romeo meant. There was a whole world down here, with a layer of bedrock covering the entirety of it. Thunder was roaring in the background as Jesse saw distant flashes of lightning.

"Wow, you were right," Jesse remarked. "There's a whole world down here."

"The original world," Romeo said. "Xara, Fred and myself used to live in it, before everything happened. This is the first time I've seen it since my imprisonment. She forced me to watch her bedrock over it all."

"You, made this?" Radar questioned.

"Not the world, but the tower we're in, Yes," Romeo answered. "Or, what's left of it, at least. The view used to be marvelous up here."

"This is way worse than I imagined," Jesse said. "That she'd do something like this to her own world. How did nobody know about this? It's just been down here this whole time?"

"Yes, it shocked me too when Xara did it," Romeo answered. "She fucking laughed at me when she did it too. I just hope that somebody's still alive down here."

"Xara?" Radar whispered into Jesse's ear.

"The Admin," Jesse said.

"Oh."

Romeo jumped down, Jesse followed him, to see him standing still in shock. He looked as though he was on the verge of tears.

"This is the room where it happened," Romeo whispered. "I witnessed it. Fred and I were... talking, when she came in and just..."