Act III - Chapter 13

Act III – Chapter 13

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

The group of three continued on until they reached another cell block, this one named 'Cell Block Bravo'.

Soren saw Jesse's intern, (Radar, was it?) having already been placed into a cell nearby, with Gabriel further down. Seeing the vacant cell in-front of him, he knew what he had to do.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he gestured for Magnus to step into the vacant cell. He gave him an apologetic look as the iron bars automatically closed.

"Ta ta, Soren," said Stella. "I'll be at my post supervising a more impressive cell block. Don't be too jealous, or do. I wouldn't blame you."

She turned around and walked back through the exit and disappeared, Soren shook his head before taking his post.

Much as he hated standing around doing nothing while Jesse was locked up who knows where, until he can work something out, he knew he needed to law low and stay off the grid, and that means doing whatever they tell him to. Even if it went against his morals.

The next few hours were uneventful, and Soren used this time to think. Not only about the current predicament, but also about the past too. He had spent all those years hiding in the end, hoping that the Admin would never think to search in the very dimension that she resided in, and those years of hiding were put in extreme jeopardy when Jesse found him.

He knows full well that he was considered a coward for what he did with the Wither-Storm, running away from it in a time of need. But what the others didn't know, not even his old friends, was that he did not do it to save himself. The real reason for doing what he did back then were exactly the same as why he disbanded the Order of the Stone in the first place; to remove any risk of being found-out by the Admin.

When he saw the massive damage that it had caused, he knew for a fact that the destruction of the Wither-Storm was not something that the Admin was going to ignore. And he was already trying to avoid her enough as it is.

He knew that if the Admin recognized him, not only would he be as good as dead, but she would also know straight away about the leak that she had left when disposing of the old world, and he was not about to doom any possible future left of the people stuck down in the old world just for some renewed fame.

With that knowledge in his head, he did what others would call cowardly and fled the scene. He knew full-well the bad reputation that he would gain from doing so, but he didn't care. As long as the Admin didn't find out he was up here, he would be content.

But then Jesse seeked him out again, and he'll never forget the shock he received when she mentioned the Admin and the End City. He wanted to tell her that he couldn't help them, but he knew that they were walking straight into danger unlike anything they've ever faced, and immediately he made the decision to join Jesse on this next adventure.

But of course he had to get careless, and now the Admin knows he is alive, which meant...

Soren let out a gasp as he suddenly realized what it meant. The Admin now had a reason to suspect that she hadn't sealed the old world properly, which meant that years of hiding had just gone down the drain, all because he wasn't willing to let a few people walk to their deaths. How could he have just wasted all that time spent in hiding like that? Too late now, the ocelot has already been let out of the bag.

Speaking of the Admin, Soren couldn't help but wonder just what the Admin was doing that required her to remove Jesse from Beacontown. He knew that it was nothing good, and he had a strong feeling that it had something to do with Beacontown and a device that he studied closely in the past, which was the Redstone Heart, hence why the Admin wanted Jesse out of the way. But wait, how did Jesse even get possession of that thing anyway? He was sure that he left it with that group of builders before he left.