Act V - Chapter 24

Act V – Chapter 24

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains swearing. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

"R-Romeo? Old friend... is that really you?" questioned Antonio, looking his old friend up and down. "My god, mate... you look like you've been dragged through the wringer about a dozen times."

Romeo gave a dry laugh. "Oh believe me, that doesn't even scratch the surface of the shit I've been through since you were gone."

Romeo did not miss the concerned look that Antonio gave him as he admitted that. Boy is he in for one hell of a story.

"I was just headed to the village to pick up some stuff, I'm assuming you're headed the same way," Antonio assumed.

"Yup!" responded Romeo, popping the 'P'.

And thus, the two caught up on old times as they slowly walked back to the village, Antonio explained about how he had gotten himself stuck in this world while it was under the rule of the Old Builders, and how Jesse and her group of friends had come along and liberated them a few years back. He himself had never participated in the games, but he was around when Jesse defeated Hadrian.

And then Romeo explained to Antonio what had happened between him, Fred and Xara when he left. Romeo explained about how they had found the debug stuck, which gave them godlike admin powers. To say that Antonio was jealous would be a major understatement. Jealous that was, until Romeo explained just what that power did to their friendship.

He told Antonio all about how Xara had murdered Fred in cold blood, bedrocked over Sourcemist, took away his powers and locked him up in the Ironguard Detention Facility until Jesse and Soren rescued him.

"Soren, as in... Soren Hodgman, the writer?" questioned Antonio, disbelief evident in his voice.

To say that Antonio was shocked about these developments would again, be a major understatement. "To be honest with you mate, I kinda wish I'd stayed... I coulda stopped Xara, saved Fred, saved Sourcemist. No use dwelling over it now, what's done is done."

"But what we can do is get revenge on her," said Romeo. "And you better believe I'm showing this bitch that I am not going to take any more of her fucking bullshit, and I have just the method... if you're interested in helping me that is."

"Sourcemist may not have been my home for years, but to hear about it being bedrocked and left behind like trash..." began Antonio. "Yeah, I'm interested."

"Good," said Romeo. "We'll meet up with Soren and a few other friends of mine... and we'll figure out what to do next."

"Okay."

They eventually reached the entrance of the competitor village. "Okay, now let's go find-"

"NO!"

Romeo and Antonio's attention were brought to the middle of the courtyard, where Romeo saw Harper and Ivor trying to calm down a hysterical Jesse.

"Jesse... I'm telling you, It's not going to work," Harper tried desperately to explain.

"IT HAS TO!" Jesse screamed. "DAMN IT! IT HAS TO! I NEED TO TRY!"

"Whoa, what's going on here?" questioned Antonio. Romeo immediately picked up speed and rushed to her side.

"Jesse? What's happening?" asked Romeo. Jesse turned around.