Act II - Chapter 10

Act II – Chapter 10

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

"People's lives are at stake here," snapped Jesse.

"Do I look like I care?" questioned the Admin before clapping her hands. The floor underneath them opened up, dropping them into a pit. The Admin gave one last sinister chuckle before the hologram disappeared.

Jesse felt herself land face-first into the floor below. Looking up, she saw Jack running along the wall, before jumping off and landing spectacularly on his feet in-front of Jesse.

"Nice landing," she commented.

"Ah, it's nothing," he said. "It's just my perfect reflexes and photographic muscle memory."

The door above them snapped shut, trapping them inside.

"Well, that's it then," said Radar. "The way is shut."

"Yes, I guess the only way out, is through the challenge then," Sammy responded.

"Yeah! And smashing that clock," Petra finished, excited.

"Well, we're not all going to be smashing the clock," said Stella.

"Say what now?"

"You heard the Admin, she only wants the best of the best. And that's going to be me."

Lukas scoffed. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding."

"Sorry, handsome. Might as well quit now."

"Nuh-uh, no way, Stella," cut in Jesse. "I'm taking you down."

"Oh, I knew you were my rival, Jesse," laughed Stella.

Jesse gave Stella a glare as they continued on. Looking around, Jesse saw that the giant hallway looked very similar to the interior of PAMA's core. They were on a glass pathway, and Jesse saw loads of redstone circuits flashing on and off in the distance.

Eventually, they reached the end of the catwalk, in which the path split into two and led towards two tunnels, each with a set of minecarts.

"Wow, it's... it's amazing," gawked Stella.

"Hmph, you're her little buddy, Jesse. You know anything about what might happen after we get the clock?" Jack asked.

"Imagine the Admin as your friend, all of the things you could create and do with an ally like that," said Sammy.

"All I know, is that I don't trust anything the Admin says," said Jesse.

"Agreed. I'd rather face another Wither-Storm than be her friend," spat Soren.

"Come on, Lluna!" Stella called out. "Enough of these losers! We've got treasure to find. Treasure-sniffing llama. Mm-hmm, yeah, tell your friends."

Stella striked Lluna in the rear end.

"Hey!" said Soren angrily.

"Hey! That's cheating!" said Jesse. "Pretty sure the Admin would frown on us using an advantage like Lluna."

"Hmph, the Admin said it's about seeing how far we can go," said Stella, the concept of cheating going in one ear and out the other. "So I'm going. Let's go, Lluna!"

Lluna gave Jesse a sad look before turning around and rejoining Stella.

"Well, that woman does appear to have a strong idea of what she wants," Sammy commented.