Act IV - Chapter 19

Act IV – Chapter 19

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of character injury. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

"What?

Soren froze, immediately realizing what he had just said was a huge mistake. Too late now. "Yes, Binta, Romeo was the one who told me the answer to that question."

"I haven't heard that name in..." Binta stopped and glared at Soren with increasing intensity. "Get out."

"Binta, you have-"

"I SAID GET OUT!" Binta screamed, pointing towards the destroyed bridge that once connected the island Fred's Keep was on to the rest of the land.

"Binta, I assure you, it was not Romeo who did all this to you, it was Xa-"

"Admitting you're working for him, and lying to me? You're not a faithful friend of Fred!" interrupted Binta. "My people were right about you, they said you were dangerous. Not surprising, considering you brought an injured person into our keep and demanded to enter Fred's house! They say you've been above the bedrock."

Binta opened the doors and led the way back outside the house, Soren following.

"Your friend Gabriel spoke of all these lands we've never heard of," she continued. "I'm beginning to think they're true. And if they are... that can only mean trouble. You've already caused quite a bit of it."

"Binta, will you please listen to me?" pleaded Soren. "We're not here to hurt you or your people."

"Pain is not always intentional," said Binta. "Did you at least find what you were looking for? This... weapon? Go on, tell me."

"I'm afraid I'm going to need you to help me here, Binta."

"You must be joking, to ask something of me now? After you told me that you were buddy-buddy with Romeo? The one who trapped us all down here?!"

Soren pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Did Fred tell you about any kind of debug stick?" asked Soren. "That is the weapon that we are after."

"Romeo? Did they say Romeo?!" a citizen nervously asked.

"The Admin...?"

"Yes, Romeo," said Soren. "And he's down here right now. No, he's not the Admin. It is Xara who you are all thinking of here, she was the one who did all this to you, not him."

"Just... stop talking," snapped Binta. "You understand, I have no reason to help you right now.

"But if you're telling the truth, and that's a mighty big if, there's something I would take in exchange," she said. "Get me and my people above the bedrock, if Romeo is really down here and if he is as innocent as you say he is, surely he must be trying to find a way to help us."

"Above?" a citizen questioned. "Binta, what are you saying? We don't know what's out there."

"It has to be better than this."

"We're safe here, and if Romeo--"

"Romeo, Xara or whoever it is trapped us down here. They want us to stay, I won't give them the satisfaction."

"They won't like us going up there."

"Look, Binta, as much as I want to help you, you shouldn't get your hopes up yet. Romeo is trying to get us out of here, but we have no idea just how he's going to do that, if it's even possible."