::What the hell is going on?!::

::Ellanae’s P.O.V::

::The next morning::

Jacob spent the night again, but we didn’t do anything eyebrow-raising worthy.

We just stayed up all night and talked, laughed, talked some more, shared a couple kisses and that was it.

Surprisingly, Xavier slept through the entire night without making a sound.

We checked on him every now and then just to make sure he was breathing because a night of silence hasn’t happened since he was born.

Kind of like an amazing night in contrast with the shitty day that came before it.

Jacob was lying on my bed next to me with Xavier in his arms and holding him up to the sky.

“He’s gonna dribble on you.” I chuckled.

“No he won’t, his hand’s in his mouth.”

“You’re gonna make that become a bad habit you know.”

“What.”

“You’re supposed to take his hand out his mouth.”

“Let him live.”

“Fine.” I said.

Xavier began making some bubbly noises, and before he knew it, a wad of dribble fell out his mouth and into Jacob’s face.

“Oh shit Xavier.” He groaned as he placed him in my arms.

“Told you.” I laughed, “Good boy Xavi.”

“Baby spit.”

“Mhmm, go wash off.”

Jacob shot me a glare before he walked into the bathroom and washed his face off.

“Aren’t you a good baby.” I smiled as I bounced him up and down, “Teach your daddy a thing or two.”

“Shut up Ellanae.”

“You’re just mad that you were wrong.”

“Whatever.” He said as he walked back into the room. “Are you ready?”

Xavier has another doctor’s appointment today.

“Yeah, pass me his jacket.”

“The one with the ducks? Or the one with superman on it?”

“Which one do you want to put him in?”

“I like the superman one.” Jacob smiled as he walked into Xavier’s nursery and walked back out with his superman jacket.

“This is so the bad guys know not to try anything on my boy.” Jacob smiled as he put the jacket on.

“You’re so dumb.” I laughed.

“And there we go.”

“Don’t you look stylish.” I smiled, looking at Xavier.

“Yeah, cause his daddy’s got a sense of style.”

“Yeah sureee. Lemme just tell my mom we’re leaving.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you in the car.”

Jacob and I walked out my room and I walked down the hall to my mom’s room.

Should I knock?

Nah, I never do.

I opened the door slowly and heard ruffling around the room, followed by some shhs.