::Home Sweet Home::

::Latimore's P.O.V::

"Latimore."

Jasleen's voice rung out in my head.

"Latimore! I can see your eyes shifting!"

"Give him some time Jasleen."

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I blinked them a couple times as the room before me became clearer.

Around my bed stood Jasleen, Chres, Craig, Ellanae who had Charmaine in her arms and Jacob.

"My head." I groaned as I placed a hand on my forehead.

"You okay?" Jasleen asked.

"Kinda."

"Good." She said.

SLAP.

Jasleen slapped me across my face and everyone in the room gasped.

"Jasleen!" Ellanae snapped.

Jasleen cupped my face in her hands and smashed her lips onto mine.

It took me by surprise, but I kissed her back, only to have her pull back and glare at me.

"Uh?" I asked, confused.

"You're a fucking fugitive! And you almost died!"

"I know, and I'm sorry." I said as I tried to sit up, only to be hit with a wave of pain near my stomach.

Then I remembered.

That son of a bitch shot me.

I tried to raise my right hand to rest it where the pain was, but I couldn't.

I groaned as I looked down to see that my hand was handcuffed to the side of the bed.

"What the fuck."

"That's what fugitives get." Jacob mumbled.

"Jacob." Ellanae snapped.

"Look." I began.

"Don't." Jacob said as he looked away.

"Jasleen?" I said as I looked up at her.

She had tears in her eyes and wouldn't look at me.

"Everything I did was for that baby girl in Ellanae's arms okay." I said as I looked down.

"We, know." Jacob sighed, "But if it was help you needed Latimore you know you could've come to us."

"I wanted to, I thought about it, but Daniel had so much on me. He threatened me. He threatened you guys and Xavier."

I watched as Jacob clenched his jaw.

"I didn't want to get any of you involved."

Ellanae handed Charmaine to Jacob and walked over to me, and gave me a gentle hug.

"Despite everything that you did." She began, "I'm just glad you're okay."

I nodded and smiled at her.

"So, what am I dealing with? Ten years, twenty?" I asked.

"Actually, two and a half." Chres said.

"Might even get less time if you're a good boy." Craig said.

"W-what?" I said as my mouth dropped.

"I have connections. Pulled a couple strings. Got a pretty good lawyer to represent you and he did wonders." Craig explained.

"You guys." I said as my eyes began to water.