Chapter 17

As the vision slowly faded, Inuyasha's confusion grew. He spun around to face Sesshomaru, whose eyes remained on the pitch black ground that reflected their surroundings. The older had his grip on his sword so tight his knuckles were comparable to the color of his hair. Behind his bangs, his usual calm and collected eyes were wide with panick.

"Did..Did all of that actually happened?" Inuyasha hesitantly stepped forward, aware that his half-brother was obviously distressed. Meanwhile, the said brother was in the middle of an existential crisis. How was he supposed to explain all of that? It would be impossible for him to elaborate that what the younger saw was true, especially when he harmed Inuyasha to the brink of death multiple times. He knew that much. But if he truly wished to kill Inuyasha, he would've done so much sooner.

"Sesshomaru. Was it all true?" Inuyasha took another step, his mind jumbled with questions and his frustration brewing by the second. Sesshomaru's gaze never averted from his shoes. He felt pathetic; silently panicking to form a sentence while shamefully having his head bowed. God did he wish to just drop dead right then and there.

"My, don't think of such self-inflicting thoughts. It's only just the beginning!"

Satsujin's cackle rung across the darkness, and on que, it's as if the solid 'floor' the brothers stood upon vanished and both fell as if it were a trapped door. Neither of the males could predict nor see an end to their fall and the younger braced for a heavy impact. Suddenly he felt an arm wrapped around his shoulder and he opened his eyes and glanced at Sesshomaru, the other's golden orbs trying to spot a possible landing place, Tokijin back at it's scabbard.

"Hold onto me and don't let go."

It wasn't like him to obediently follow an order, especially from the elder but he did so with no retorts. Sesshomaru moved forward slightly and directed Inuyasha's arms to wrap around his neck, his fluff wrapping itself securely around his brother's waist. He secretly smiled at himself as he activated his flight and felt Inuyasha stiffen from his back. They descended more slowly and after a minute of silence, they landed on solid ground. Sesshomaru knelt down and freed Inuyasha from his moko-moko, holding back a chuckle when Inuyasha was late to realize he was able to stand on his feet again.

They both walked around the void, trying to locate any exit or any sign of their group, but alas, the blackness continued to stretch ahead.

"Damn, it's never ending!" Inuyasha growled. Sesshomaru squinted his eyes and tried to hear for any sound or sniff any scent but it was similar to their last situation. They both stood in silence, highly alert and frustrated.

"Inuyasha, I have an idea."

The hanyou turned to the elder who looked at Inuyasha with an unsure look.

"It would be difficult to believe but it shouldn't be impossible."

"What is it?" By now, the younger put aside his questions and was actually willing to work with the older. He had the sense that Kagome was in trouble and went against the nagging voice in his head to ignore Sesshomaru or go against him. In this situation, Inuyasha was smart enough to know that Sesshomaru was on his side, if not, possibly his whole life without knowing.

"Draw Tetsusaiga out and use the wind scar. If I can make a guess, this room should be made with Satsujin's demonic energy and the power of that scythe."

"But shouldn't that scythe use magic? I'm not sure if the wind scar can cut thr--"

"Then concentrate at the demonic energy."

"But how? If he's using two--"

"I'll guide you, just do it."

Inuyasha was honestly doubtful but he would have to use anything that they have to escape. He sighed and unsheathed his sword, transforming it to it's full power. He turned away from the older and tried to focus, but he couldn't find the rift or the scar of any youki other than his own. He looked back at his half-brother with a dismayed look.

"There's no point in this Sesshomaru, I can't see any--"

"Focus. I'll help you."

The younger bit his tongue and faced away from Sesshomaru, again, trying to find any rift but it wasn't working--

Inuyasha gasped, his eyes seeing a black but faint demonic energy.

"Do you see it?"

"Y-yeah! But it's faint. It's not enough to make a rift to cut through."

"So he's using more of the scythe's power than his own..."

Sesshomaru stood beside Inuyasha, releasing his own demonic energy. Inuyasha's eyes widened, all of a sudden seeing another wave of youki pushing the smaller back.

"My youki should clash with his, if you said the demonic energy he's using is faint, it would be enough for my own to push his back and closer to yours to make a scar."

As what Sesshomaru concluded, Inuyasha could see the black one trying to resist Sesshomaru's, steadily being pushed towards Inuyasha's demonic energy. As soon as Satsujin's youki made contact with Inuyasha's, he saw not one, but two rifts.

"Aim for the one rift with yours and the opposing energy. I assume the second rift should be mine connecting with Satsujin's."

Inuyasha nodded and aimed for the target scar.

"WIND SCAR!!"
.
.
.
.

"Holy shit, it actually worked?"

Sesshomaru smirked as the darkness began to crack, finally shattering and revealing a large empty room, a shoji door being the only entrance and exit.

"Don't just stand there idly, let's go."

Sesshomaru ran ahead, opening the shoji doors only to see never ending ligns of similar doors from all directions. Inuyasha sheathed Tetsusaiga and ran after him, stopping behind his back and cursing loudly.

"Fucking goddamit!! What the hell are we supposed to do now!?"

"Well, I wasn't expecting he would go easy with us either.." The elder furrowed his eyebrows, a sudden laugh interrupting his train of thought.

"Try finding the exit from this door maze I made! Find the correct one and you'll make it out before your friends die! Time is running out my dear nephews, good luck." Satsujin's ominous chuckle lingered in their heads as dread crept into their stomachs when they realized their group was in greater danger then they were.

"Shit, how are we supposed to know which one is right!?" The hanyou started opening random doors only to see rooms that were similar to theirs from the start. He growled and slammed his fist in the painted walls out of anger and impatience.

"At this rate, we'll never make it out on time.." Sesshomaru whispered. From one incident to another, the elder honestly felt like he was in a wild ride of hope and despair.