Chapter 15 (Part 2)

Art above and the official characters from the anime does not belong to me, credits go to the rightful owners.
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Breakfast was already done and everyone was now gathered in Sesshomaru's office, each taking a seat as they discussed about the previous events and other things. Sesshomaru sat on his desk, signing papers as he waited for a particular woman to arrive to officially start the meeting.

"The mistress has arrived." The butler bowed his head and opened the wooden doors, the chattering quickly dissipated as their attention was averted towards the door. Inukimi entered the room with a young male, with a white haori and grey clothing underneath, assisting her. She was still not completely healed but insisted to take part of the gathering.

Sesshomaru stood up from his desk and walked towards his injured mother, dismissing the young medic and allowed himself to support most of her weight onto his body. Sakura got off from her seat and quickly moved it towards them, helping the woman sit down and become more comfortable as Sesshomaru walked back to his desk, placing a hand on the wood and slightly moved forward.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

Everyone nodded their heads, immediately discussing about their plans and suggestions. Miyoga bounced to Sesshomaru's desk and called for their attention, successfully grabbing it and started his statement.

"I have discussed this with Lord Sesshomaru already, and I fear it will not lighten the current situation right now."

Even though the flea referred to the group as a whole, he was mostly worried for the mistress.

"Especially to you, Mistress Inukimi. I think it would have been best if you have stayed in bed and rest. We could give you the information as soon as you are fully healed--"

"Feh! Do not think so lightly of me. I have been through thick and thin in all of my life and the enemy won't just sit still and wait until I am in full health. I should also mention that this wound still cannot be compared as to the pain on going through labor to give birth to that brat in the front." Inukimi remarked, pointing her index finger directly at her son with an unfazed gaze. Inuyasha stopped himself from bursting into laughter while the rest looked from the Lord and back to his mother in shock, Sakura letting out a small giggle. Sesshomaru lowered his head and turned his eyes away from his mother, embarrassed.

"Can't you show atleast a bit of worry or fear?" He whispered, his ears becoming a slight tint of red.

"I love you too, sweetheart." Inukimi, however, was amused with her son's reactions and playfully winked at her son. Sesshomaru face palmed and looked at his mother with annoyance, his face and ears still flushed. The group was baffled by the differences between the two; One was as "cold" as an ice block while the other was sarcastic and full of life. Honestly, they could hardly believe that they were blood related, much less mother and son, Sakura being an exception.

"Continue Miyoga." The embarrassed prince quickly changed the topic, and he was glad everyone left it that way, except a particular female who was side eyeing him with a teasing light in her eyes, he responded by rolling his golden ones. The hybrid chuckled and shooked her head.

"As I was saying, I had a vision of the Master. He said we must prepare ourselves for a great fight."

"What? Like a war?" Inuyasha raised a brow, obviously curious about the situation.

"Yes we--"

"My oh my, all of you are so well prepared!"

Everyone went dead silent, eyes wide in shock as the mysterious voice laughed maliciously. The room shifted and before they knew it, they were in a whole different place.