Chapter 16

Bold and Italic means thinking/thoughts.

Bold, Italic and Underlined means a memory

Italic means normal.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Sesshomaru-oniichan!!"

"What is it?"

The hanyou ran to his brother with wide, opened arms and with a bright, charming smile. The older chuckled and picked him up once he was at arms reached and threw him up in the air, catching him back in his arms with a laugh.

"Wanna go for a ride?"

"Yes, please!"

"Alright then."

Sesshomaru settled his brother down and moved a few meters forward. He stopped in his tracks and closed his eyes, and when he opened them, the color changed to blood red and he shifted to his true form. Once his transformation was complete, he strolled back to Inuyasha and laid himself on the soil. The hanyou climbed up his half-brother's back and held tightly to his fur.

"I'm ready, Nii-chan!"

The dog 'woofed' and stood up, running forwards and taking flight. He felt a slight tug on his fur but it was a good reminder that his brother was still on his back. He heard excited squealing and he shooked his giant head amusingly, entertained by his brother's excitement.
He barked at the younger, resulting for him to cling onto his fur even tighter. Sesshomaru made sure Inuyasha's grip was tight enough, before diving down right towards a lake.

Right before he can make contact with the water, he activated his flight again  and they both ascended to the clouds once more while water sprayed in all sides. This cause the younger to laugh and he spread his arms out in the air as wind rushed through his face and whole body. The half brothers continued to fly and play until the sun went down, returning to Izayoi's rebuilt mansion already late at night. Sesshomaru transformed back to his human form and carried Inuyasha back inside were his mother waited. She noticed the two males and came forward, picking her son up from the other's arms.

"You're back earlier than usual, is it because it's the night of the new moon?"

Izayoi looked at her step-son with a smile, patting the sleeping Inuyasha on her shoulder.

"Yes. I still cannot guarantee that I can protect him from stronger yokais but I can assure you that I can overpower many already. But at these kinds of nights, he's more prone to danger and is much more vulnerable. It would have been easier if father gave me Tetsusaiga or Sounga but..."

He stopped himself before he can continue, noticing the woman's expression dropping. It's rare to mention any topic that involves his father in front of her, after all, Izayoi blamed herself for his death. Her guilt only grew when Inuyasha would be constantly bullied or isolated from groups. This led to the older brother's attention and would often sneak out of his own palace to visit his brother, it was the least he could do for his father after his passing.

"Apologies, I shouldn't have mentioned him--"

"No, don't. It is my fault for not being able to satisfy his yokai needs. He is unlike the other children of his age and is already quite the handful. I should be the one apologizing. You're a prince yourself, Sesshomaru, but you keep visiting us and insist to look after Inuyasha even though you have your own duties to attend. I am forever grateful for your generosity."