Chapter 12

There would be some jumping of POVS again so you can get their point of view more. We're going to start with Sakura's.
π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π^π

Sakura's POV

As I walked towards Sesshomaru's office, I can feel my uneasiness increasing by each step I take. It was heart wrenching to see him like that.

I sighed and waited for him to come out of his office, leaning my back on the wall. Time seems so slow if you're waiting, as if it's slowing down but at the same time, it's not.

I jumped in surprise when the door creaked opened, my heart quickened as it revealed that Sesshomaru was the one behind it.

He raised a curious eyebrow to me, probably pondering why I was waiting for him, or more likely why I was here.

"Do you want to acquire something from me?" He asked, his body now facing me as he slowly closed the mahogany doors.

"Yes, I needed to speak with you, unless if there is another errand that you must attend." I spoke, making eye contact with him. He went silent for a few moments, looking as if he is trying to remember something.

"I cannot remember anything else to be done after the meeting, I believe that I am free for this afternoon."

"Is that so?" I tilted my head, still leaning my body to the wall for support.

"Why are you just standing there? You do realize that my room is near and you are welcomed to enter?"

"Yes, I do know; is just that I wanted to check up on you."

"Check up on me? Why so?" We started to walk towards his room, engaging ourselves into a conversation. It was nice to feel that he was comfortable with me, he seemed less tensed than earlier but his weariness is still visible.

When we reached his room, he turned the door knob and let me enter first, and to my delight, his room still looked the same as I last entered here when Inu no Taishio invited me to come over.

I sat at his king sized bed, playing with the royal blue blankets, feeling the fabric tickle my skin on how soft it was. The room smelled exactly like Sesshomaru. I inhaled the sweet scent, taking in the scented candle like fragrance.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself."

The bed tilted slightly as Sesshomaru sat down, his weight causing the futon to bend. I gazed at his features, he looked at his pillows and blanket with hesitancy, almost as if he's holding back to lay down and rest. As if he feared sleeping.

"Sesshomaru?"

He snapped out of his trance and averted his gaze towards me, he leaned his back against the head board, sitting on his bed while I settled at his chest and made myself comfortable.

He didn't wore his armor as usual, making my inner wolf howl with joy while my inner phoenix caw in contentment. His body does make a better pillow.

He entangled his fingers tenderly on my hair, undoing any split ends as he started to comb it with his own claws. He yawned tiredly once again, snapping me out of my own dazed trance.

I slowly got off of him, looking at his worn out eyes. I stared at him, taking in his exhausted expression. How long have you got until you have had enough?

"Is something wrong?" He asked, he tilted his head, one of his eyebrows raised. Kami, he's so adorable.

"As a matter of fact, there is something wrong." I replied, sitting up beside him, still not leaving my gaze from him.