Ten

Right on cue, there's a knock on the door. I blush hard, excusing myself to the bathroom, and shut the door as soon as he lets him in. My face was red, my smile genuine, and I splash water on my face to calm down the heat that was inside of my body. I hear them chatting in there, Dominic saying something that makes Cole and his Beta laugh, and I rub my face.

"It's okay. Jamie will behave."

With a soft tap on the door, Dominic clears his throat. "Lia? Are you okay?"

"I think I'm going to be sick," I admit.

The moment I say it, I throw myself over the toilet, throwing up from nerves. He comes in, holding my hair back, and patiently waits. "Lia, I will protect you. Everything will be okay."

"There's something I never told you," I mutter.

"Do you want to talk about it now?"

When I nod, he excuses himself and tells Cole he'll be out in a few minutes, coming back to my side. "Do you remember the summer you left me? To go train under another Alpha?"

"Yes."

I start to tremble when I remember it. I felt like I was already there, trapped in the bedroom, only able to see darkness. I remember the way he smelt, how tall he was compared to me, how he told me at least now I'll never be pure.

Pressing my palms to my eyes, I sigh. "There was a man from your pack that came onto our lands without permission. Dad didn't know until it was already too late."

"Until what was too late?"

His voice was tense, knowing he was controlling himself for my sake. "There was so much blood in the end. He had gotten into my bedroom undetected, yet the only way we thought of was from the window because I still had my guards posted then. He had forced himself on me when I was asleep. I woke up to pain and tried to scream but his hand was over my mouth.

"By the time I managed to get out of my panic and use the link to get to my father, I was unable to stop crying. I guess he completely forgot about the link being a possibility of me getting someone because the next thing I knew the guards were in there and took him away."

His hands are clenched in his lap, both of us leaning against the wall. I don't dare look at him, knowing I could feel every emotion that he was currently feeling. The worst of them, however, was shame. "So that's why your father didn't let me see you when I came back."

"I couldn't stop crying. That's why whenever Jamie starts to get forceful, I start to cry."

"Stay at my side the entire time. He'll have to go through me before he gets to you, and I can promise you it's not going to be that easy."

I wipe the tears from my eyes and use Dominic's arm for support so he could pull me up. His arms wrap around my waist, holding me tight to him, and I feel my nerves start to calm down. "It's going to be okay, kitten."

I keep a firm grip on Dominic's hand when we walk out of the bathroom, my mood lighting up when I see Cole. He smiles at me, holding his arms open, and I throw myself into them. "Coley!"

"Hey, cutie. Miss me already?"

I snicker. "I always miss you. Dominic keeps me hostage, you know."

He gasps, giving his best friend a glare. "How dare you hold my wife hostage."

Only raising an eyebrow, Dominic crosses his arms over his chest, staring at the two of us. I giggle, hiding behind Cole, and smile over at him. "He's going to kill us, and you're going to be first."