Eight

There's pain at first, a burning sensation that almost causes me to pull away from him. When he tightens his grip, keeping me close, the pleasure starts from my neck to my toes. My head swims with emotions that I knew weren't mine, my fingers digging into his shoulders as I moan into his chest. He kisses the area, causing my legs to tingle, and then presses a kiss to my forehead.

"It's going to hurt for a while."

Gingerly, I touch the area, smiling even though it burns. Happiness flows through me, my emotions mixing with his, and I look into his eyes. "I love you, too, by the way."

He grins, eyes light. "Normally, the day I planned to mark you I wouldn't leave your side. But I have to go to my pack and finish getting everything settled for Cole to take over."

"I understand. If you get back in time, you're welcome to join my movie date."

Even though he and I both knew I was joking, his growl is deadly and possessive. When he notices, he quickly stops. "I don't think I've ever been this jealous."

"I'm yours."

"I know. I'll make you mine tonight."

He winks, promising that he would be here as soon as he finishes, and kisses my head. I hold his hand before he leaves, squeezing. "Dominic."

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Does this mean if anything happens to me, for whatever reason, you can feel my emotions too, right?"

He frowns, leaning in the doorway. "Yes. Why?" I don't answer right away, only bringing up his nerves. "Lia."

"I'm worried that Jamie might try something. He almost marked me against my will a couple days ago. He's going to be ridiculously pissed when he knows you marked me."

"I didn't think about that. I'm going to call Cole over here, okay? I want him to keep an eye on you."

"Can you wait to leave until he gets here?"

"Of course. What do you want to do? Nap, watch movies, video games?"

"I'll take a nap. I'm still pretty tired."

Dominic takes me in his arms when we lay on the couch, his chest warm and his heart thumping fast underneath my fingertips. My eyes are heavy the moment he starts to run his fingers through my hair, pulling me into the open arms of sleep. I don't remember when he moved away, yet I wake up alone on the couch, low voices in the kitchen.

"I don't want you to leave her, Cole. I mean it."

"I get it, man. She's protected under my watch. Go take care of what you need to."

Dominic sighs. "You understand if anything happens to her, I will kill you, yes?"

I could only imagine his face paling at the threat, but he takes it easily. I rub at my eyes and sit up on the couch, yawning. My shoulders pop, both boys going quiet, and then I give Cole a large smile when I see him.

"Hi, Coley. Haven't seen you in a while."

He grins, plopping on the couch next to me, and throws his arm over my shoulder. "Hey yourself, sweetie. I've missed you."

I groan into his hug, accepting the little bits of pain, and squeeze him back. "I'm having a movie date. You'll be here, right?"

Looking up at Dominic, I make sure to flutter my eyelashes and pout, begging. He looks between the two of us, sliding his hand down his face, and then nods. "Sure, Lia. If he wants to stay."