Seventeen

I could smell the mixing scents that was coming off me, making my head spin and my eyes heavy. While I slide down the wall, vision blurry, I watch him snicker before exiting out of the window. Obviously not expecting the warriors who had shown up, I groan into my knees when his screams are immediately silenced, not wanting to draw too much attention.

I faintly hear Dominic telling Link to stay down there and that he'll be right back, giving him the impression that I was just taking too long, and I rub at my eyes to clear the haze when the door cracks open. Immediately, he gives a low, possessive growl, smelling the rogue. Reaching out to grab his pant leg, he looks down at me, eyes sliding to the mark on my shoulder, and then kneels.

"Sweetheart?" he whispers.

"It hurts," I mutter.

"I know, baby."

His fingers wipe underneath my eyes, getting rid of the tears. "Is Link okay? Are they taking care of the rogue?"

He nods. "He doesn't suspect anything, sweetheart. They've taken the rogue into questioning. I told them I'll deal with it after the date."

I use his arms to pull myself up and stretch out my stiff muscles, trying to ignore the pain. I could see the anger that was building in his eyes and feel his fingers dance along my skin as he drops the dress to help me pull on the skirt and sweater. Closing my eyes, his fingers work magic and tie my hair into a braid down my back, little strands covering his mark. Turning me, he smiles down at me, lips brushing mine.

"I'll get you some Tylenol. Your wolf will heal most of it for you, sweetheart, so it should start feeling better soon."

"Is Link worried?" I whisper.

"No. He's under the impression that you're just taking your time. Go freshen up in the bathroom and I'll wait out here."

I do as he asks, putting on a new layer of foundation and some eye shadow. I apply the color of lip gloss that I knew Dominic liked seeing on me, and when I look like my normal self, I take my converses from his hands with thanks. He smiles down at me, pulling me close to him, and his lips claim my own to steal the air from my lungs.

"Come on, beautiful. We have a date to go to."

I meet Link at the bottom, smiling at him as he gazes down at my outfit before nodding in approval. Rolling my eyes at his childish ways, I twirl my keys and toss them to Dominic, Link and I both looking at one another before we take off towards the Jeep, me shoving his side so I could get the front seat. While we giggle up a storm, I'm able to forget about the rogue and accept the Tylenol that Dominic gives me while I take the back seat, shoving at his shoulder playfully.

Both Dominic and I could feel the nerves that radiated off Link, and while I rub his shoulder comfortingly, he sends me a smile and squeezes my fingers. "Thanks for being here."

I smile. "Anything for you, Link. I can't wait to meet him so I can show him that I mean business when I tell him not to hurt you."

He chuckles but suddenly falls off when we near the restaurant. While I sit back and roll my shoulders, I could feel the burn that was thankfully dying down and take off my seat belt, feeling better. Dominic walks over to hold the door open for me, taking my hand in his, and we follow behind Link quietly. Bouncing on his heels, I smile over at him when he gives the waiter the name and he leads us to the table, Link relaxing when he sees that it was just us so far.

"Everything is going to be okay, Link." I tell him, smiling. "I'm sure he's going to absolutely adore you."

Dominic orders us both a water, his hand reaching over to take my own, and I blush when he kisses it. "If I like you, I am sure he'll like you."

Link and I both burst out laughing at Dominic's words, bringing a rare blush to his cheeks. Nonchalantly, he leans back in his seat, eyes serious while he gazes around the restaurant. Link and I simultaneously look up at the waiter who brings a man over, Link's face turning red instantly, and my eyes widen.

We both look at one another, both of us blushing hard, and I quickly avert my eyes to Dominic.

You know him? He asks.

Long story. I'll explain later?

"Harlan?"

He grins. "You must be Link. Nice to finally meet you."

---

apologies for how short it is! due to that, I will be uploading the next chapter immediately instead of waiting.