twentythree

𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 sixth year

𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 sixth year. Elyse Lestrange had looked forward to this year over the past few years, it meant they were approaching the end. Even though, she enjoyed the academics, she couldn't wait to finish her N.E.W.T. and get out of here. As she looks back over the last three years she can't help but sigh.

The Triwizard Tournament had taken a drastic turn in the end, when Cedric Diggory died. Panic had settled upon the school and the Tournament was once again banned by Dumbledore. She remembers clearly how heartbroken Cho had been as she found out he had died and Elyse had stayed by her side for the last few days of school, to comfort her, before they all went home for the summer. Elyse ended up spending it with her family, her boyfriend and her boyfriend's family as usual.

When they came back for their fifth year, she was chosen as Ravenclaw Prefect and she had gotten so excited. As she was chosen, she had turned to look at Draco who smiled proudly at her and he had cheered happily for her. After their fight, Draco had been more open about their relationship and less shy to show her off to his fellow Slytherin and to the whole school.

A smile settles on her lips as she walks through the hallways of Hogwarts in search of her boyfriend. For the first time in six years, they had come separately as she had taken the train with Hermione, who she had gotten closer to through their fifth year. She shakes her head and focuses on her search.

"Hey, Elyse! Rooting for you as Headgirl next year." A third year Ravenclaw says as she walks past her, and Elyse beams appreciatively.

"Thank you!" She giggles, before she continues searching for her annoyingly unfindable boyfriend. But she quickly finds him, and a grin forms on her face as she notices him with Blaise Zabini. He seems to notice the Lestrange girl and says something to Draco, making him turn and smirk. "Hello, boys."

"Hello, future Headgirl." Blaise says, before Draco pulls her into his arms and leans down to peck her lips, making her grin.

"I appreciate the support, Blaise. But unfortunately the decision is up to Dumbledore." She says as she turns to face him and he chuckles.

"Well, he'd be an idiot to not choose you." Draco muses, making her giggle and shake her head as he wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her close to his side.

"I'll leave the two of you to catch up." Blaise says teasingly, before he leaves, causing Elyse to roll her eyes as she looks up at Draco, who simply chuckles.

"How was your trip?" He asks as he lets go of her waist and takes her hand, as they walk together through the halls.

"It was enjoyable. Hermione said that Death Eaters, seem to be rising again." Elyse muses, making Draco stiffen, but she doesn't notice.

"It's nothing you should worry about, Ely." He says, making her give him a look.

"Our families were famous Death Eaters, Draco. If there is a rise again, it's something I definitely should worry about." She says pointedly, making him sigh. "I genuinely disagree with their views and it would pain me to see my parents or you among those people."

"I know. But again, you have nothing to worry about." He says as he kisses the crown of her forehead, causing her to let out a deep breath.

"I hope so. It's our two final years, Draco. I'm truly looking forward to finishing. Maybe I could go for Minister of Magic or perhaps a Professor." She muses, making him smile at her in admiration.

"Or my wife." He says teasingly, making her giggle as she looks up at him with a warm smile. They had never been more in love than the past year, as she pecks his lip.

"Charming, Mr. Flirty. But I don't want to spent all my time being your wife." She huffs, making him chuckle and shake his head, before they stop in front of the Great Hall.

"Whatever you do or whatever happens the next two years, remember that I will always love you." He says, making her smile as she nods. They walk in hand in hand, before sitting separately at the table designated to their house. Luna smiles happily at Elyse, who beams.