nineteen

"𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 running for Prefect next year?" Elyse turns around to face Granger, making her huff in annoyance

"𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 running for Prefect next year?" Elyse turns around to face Granger, making her huff in annoyance. She wasn't in the mood for an argument with her. "Why would you want to be one? Actually, why would anyone want you as Prefect?"

"What's this about now, Granger?" She raises an eyebrow questioningly, as she crosses her arms over her chest. It seems like lately, Elyse couldn't help but find herself in uncomfortable situations.

"You're literally the most selfish person ever. Anyone associated with Malfoy is not good for anyone." Granger snaps, making Elyse's blood boil in anger.

"Merlin's Beard! Will you stop! I'm not Draco. Stop comparing me to him. Why does my life have to always turn around him?" Elyse asks no one particularly, making Hermione roll her eyes at her.

"Probably because you follow him like a lost puppy." Hermione says in a duh tone, making Elyse glare at her.

"I don't." Elyse snaps angrily, making Hermione raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, really. Everyone saw that little Yule Ball scene between the two of you." Hermione points out, Elyse clench her jaw.

"Whatever you or anyone else thinks, it's wrong. I don't care about Draco. That night doesn't matter anymore. Now if everyone could stop assuming that my personality is Draco Malfoy, and start realising that I am my own person. You think I need him to protect me or something, that because I'm not a Slytherin like the rest of my family, you can mess around with me? You're wrong. I may not be a Slytherin, but I am a Lestrange. So you better watch out who you're talking to." Elyse snarls as she steps closer to Hermione, who looks at her with a glare.

"You're all talk but less act." Hermione taunts, making Elyse scoff.

"Here's your mistake. Unlike Malfoy, I'm not scared when things become threatening and I stand my ground. The only thing stopping me from putting you in your place, Hermione, is the fact that I won't risk losing House points for you." Elyse says pointedly, making Hermione gulp, feeling a little nervous. "Now, if you're done. I have to go finish some assignments for classes."

"Why do you keep talking about Draco as if you hate him?" Hermione asks, slightly curious about the sudden change. Elyse chuckles dryly and shakes her head.

"Because I do." Elyse says, before walking away from her, leaving her in a state of shock. Hermione never thought she'd hear Elyse say she hates Draco, after all they had seemed inseparable for the many years they were at Hogwarts. Harry and Ron rush to Hermione's side after they notice Elyse walking away.

"What was that about?" Harry asks, slightly worried as he sees the look of shock on her face.

"I don't know what's going on, but I think Elyse just said she hates Draco." Hermione says, making Ron gape at her in disbelief.

"You're bloody joking. There is no way. I heard that they're dating." Ron breaths out, eyes wide making Harry nod in agreement.

"It doesn't look like it. You should see how angry she got when I mentioned Draco. It was as if I had mentioned Voldemort to the Ministry of Magic." Hermione whispers the last part, to make sure no one else had heard her.

"What's going on?" Harry wonders, confused by this information. As if in cue, they notice Draco and his group of friends walk past. "Draco. What's going on with you and Elyse?"

"Mind your own business, Potter." Draco snaps, as he walks away, but the sad look in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by the trio.

"Should we get to the bottom of this?" Ron asks, once Draco is far away, making Harry shake his head.

"We have the Tournament to worry about." He says, making the three nod in agreement.