four

"𝔖𝔬 I heard that Harry Potter is among the champions

champions." Lucius Malfoy muses as they all sit together at the large table. He had organised a family dinner between the Malfoys and Lestrange. Draco is sitting next to Elyse, and their mothers seated across from them, while their fathers are at the head of the table. Malfoy on one side, Lestrange on the other.

"I think he cheated. Or he used some sort of spell to break the rules. It's impossible either wise. No one under the age of 17 can take part. Dumbledore made sure of that. He must have asked a senior to put his name in." Elyse speaks up, making her father look up at her in interest.

"Why did you not join?" Thomas Lestrange asks, making his daughter give him a look of disbelief.

"Did you not listen to me? It's cheating. A risk it could affect the house points." Elyse says with a slight huff, making Thomas nod in acknowledgment. "Anyway, my main focus is my academics, nothing else."

"Wise words, Elyse." Narcissa Malfoy smiles at the girl, who beams happily at her. Draco can't help but smile softly as he glances at her for a split second.

"Tell me, how long do you think he will last?" Lucius asks in amusement, making Draco ponder in thought.

"Maybe ten minutes." Draco hums, making Elyse snicker in amusement as she shakes her head at him. He smirks proudly as even his father is amused.

"You're being too generous, Draco. I'd give him five." Lucius says, and the two best friends try not to burst into laughter as their fathers chuckle. Narcissa and Victoria Lestrange simply shake their heads at them.

"Although having Diggory as a Champion is interesting." Thomas admits, as he leans back in seat. "A Hufflepuff representing Hogwarts."

"Now, if it were up to me-" Elyse is about to go on another rant about the under representation of Ravenclaw but Draco cuts her off, having heard enough of it the past few months.

"Yes. It will definitely be interesting, but as Elyse has mentioned, since we're not taking part. We'll focus on our studies." Draco says, making her roll her eyes at him, obviously not buying that he would  actually studying.

"How about the Yule Ball? Have you gotten a date yet?" Victoria asks the two best friend, who don't answer the question. But their silence is an answer in itself for Victoria. "How about you go together?"

"Together?" They both asks at the same time, bewildered by the suggestion. They look at each other in playfully disgust. Elyse makes the point of fake barfing, making her mother kick her under the table.

"I'd rather go alone. Which I think I will." She hums, making Draco snicker at it. Elyse glares at him, before hitting his shoulder in slight annoyance. "Who are you going with, Mr. Amused?"

"I'm thinking Pansy."

"Merlin's Beard. Parkinson? Pansy Parkinson? Of all people? I might as well just go with you. Would make a better choice." Elyse says as she scrunches her nose in distaste at his choice of date.

"Don't be jealous, Ely. If you wanted me so badly, you should have asked." Draco says teasingly and she nearly hits him again, but their parents cut them off.

"Now. Settle down you two. Why don't you two go off somewhere, while the adults talk among themselves?" Lucius suggests, making them nod, before they leave the room.

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade over the Christmas holidays?" Draco asks as they walk through the halls of his home. Elsey pretends to think about it for a second, before she grins.

"Holidays with my best friend? Why of course!" She giggles, before she starts running away from him. He takes a deep breath, to try and stop himself from laughing, before he chases after her. She turns around as she reaches the large window at the end, making him stop. "Are you really asking Pansy?"

"Does it really bother you?" He asks teasingly, making her give him a look of slight annoyance. He sighs in defeat as he looks out the window. "I don't know. I haven't really thought about it."

"Oh. Well. If you want to take her, go ahead. I can't stop you. But I think there is much better choices." She muses, making him look at her with a smirk.

"Who? You?"

"Oh definitely. With certainty!"

graphic: @CarKann