one

"𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 back, everyone!" Dumbledore exclaims as all the students take a seat at their house's table in the Great hall

"𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 back, everyone!" Dumbledore exclaims as all the students take a seat at their house's table in the Great hall. Elyse Lestrange smiles at her fellow Ravenclaws as she sits down and looks up at Dumbledore. Her focus zones on Dumbledore, making sure to listen to his every word so that she doesn't miss an important announcement.

Once he finishes his annual first day speech, everyone turns around to chatter. Elyse takes a look around the hall, in search of her best friend, but she only huffs when she can't spot him at his table. She turns back around, and looks down at her plate. She had a feeling, that even if she didn't know where he was, he probably knew where she was and would eventually find her.

"Hey, Elyse." She looks up and smiles at Luna Lovegood, who smiles happily at her. Elyse couldn't call Luna her best friend, but from all the other Ravenclaw, she was the closest to her. "How was your summer?"

"Just the usual. How about yours? Looking forward to the Yule Ball?" Elyse asks the blonde, whose grin widens even more at the mention of the ball. Everyone kept talking about the Ball, even though the main focus was on the Triwizard Tournament. When they had received the announcement of Hogwarts taking part of the Tournament, everyone started hoping to be part of it.

"Of course! Rumour has you already have a date." Luna smirks knowingly, making Elyse roll her eyes playfully. Everyone expected her to get together with her best friend, but they would insist on saying they're just friends. They had been friends since childhood, their families having been friends as well for as long as could be remembered, with Bellatrix Black and Narcissa Black linking the two families by marriage, through Lucius Malfoy and her father's cousin.

The two had looked forward to coming to Hogwarts, and had hoped to make it into the same house. After all, his family was known to be Slytherins and so was hers. But when the sorting hat was put on her, the shock of her being a Ravenclaw had been felt through the whole school. Everyone knew, that the Malfoys and Lestrange were Slytherins, fortunately her being a Ravenclaw didn't seem to bother her parents.

"Luna, how many times must I tell you that, there is nothing between him and I." Elyse huffs, making Luna giggle as she shakes her head, before she goes back into a conversations with someone else.

"Lestrange." Another huff escapes her lips, as she rolls her eyes, but she can't help but smile at the sound of his voice. She ignores him at first. "Lestrange."

"What, Malfoy?" She turns around and glares at him playfully. There he was, in all his glory, Draco Malfoy. He was seated right behind her and his little group of followers were sat around him. His hair fell in front of his icy blue eyes, as he stared at her.

"Don't be like that, Ely. Did you not miss me?" Draco asks teasingly, making her roll her eyes at him.

"Why, of course! Oh, Draco, I've missed you so much. It is not like I just spent hours with you on the train." She smiles sarcastically, making him chuckle. Just as always, both Pureblood families spend the summer together, meaning that Draco and Elyse had spend their whole holiday annoying each other.

"Oh, you love me, Ely." He says, making her snort as she shakes her head and is tempted to hit him over the head. But with the professors watching them, she does not dare to.

"You wish I did." Elyse grins, making him wink at her. Goyle and Crabbe turn around. She couldn't stand the two followers of Draco, but she had to put up with them.

"Looking forward to dressing up for the Yule Ball?" Crabbe asks, making Elyse scoff as she rolls her eyes at him.

"Are you assuming that most girls only enjoy dressing up? I'd rather gauge my eyes out then doing that." She snaps, making Draco chuckle in amusement, shaking his head at her. Crabbe turns back around, giving up on having a conversation with the Ravenclaw student.

"Don't be too harsh on them, Ely." Draco coos in a joking manner, and this time she can't help but hit him. He sees her coming and tries to block her, but to no vail. Draco chuckle as she hits him over the head, messing his hair.

"Lestrange, Malfoy. Try to stay on your best behaviour." Snape hums as he walks past them, making Elyse smile sheepishly, before glaring at the amused Slytherin student.

"I'll see you later, Ely." Draco chuckles, before he turns back around, making her roll her eyes - once again - as she smiles in amusement. She also turns back around and gets lost in a conversation with her fellow Ravenclaw.

graphic: @CarKann