eight

𝔖𝔥𝔢 smiles at one of the student's comment about how the tournament had gone

𝔖𝔥𝔢 smiles at one of the student's comment about how the tournament had gone. In all honesty, she wasn't paying much attention to what was being said. All she could think about is her conversation with Luna and the Amortentia class, which happened to be happening soon. Snape had informed the class that they would do it two weeks after the Christmas holidays. Which meant, right after her trip to Hogsmeade with Draco.

Her thoughts are cut off as a note lands in front of her. The paper was perfectly folded into a paper crane and she had to give it to the person who send it to her for folding talent. She unfolds it open and reads over it. A soft smile forms itself on her face as she picks up her quill.

To my amazing best friend. Will you accompany me to the Yule Ball or are you already taken? - your even more amazing best friend

She writes down her answers, before folding it back and turning around. She sends it back to him and he easily catches it, before opening it. A smirk forms on his face and he looks up at her. She rolls her eyes at him, before she turns back around to see Cho Chang and Luna look at her questioningly.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? Since when do you and Draco write notes to each other?" Cho asks, making Elyse roll her eyes at the Quidditch Seeker of the Ravenclaw house.

"What's wrong with note sharing?" Elyse asks in confusion, causing Cho and Luna look at each other before giving the Lestrange girl a look.  

"It's not a Draco thing to do! If he wants to talk to you he'll stand up and do it. And if someone tries to stop him, he'll threaten to tell his father. He doesn't do discrete note sharing." Luna answers, and Elyse can't help but be amused. They weren't wrong concerning that, it was certainly unusual for Draco to send notes.

"Fine. He just wanted to ask me to the Yule Ball." She says nonchalantly, and a second of silence settles between the three girls, making Elyse shuffle uncomfortably. Suddenly they burst into squeals off excitement, causing people to turn to look at them and Elyse winces. "Will you two calm down!"

"Finally. I never thought it would happen. I mean I don't like him. He's definitely asshole." Cho says, making Luna nod in agreement and Elyse gives them a look. "But he's different with you, and he cares about you. The only other person aside himself."

"Okay, yes. But nothing is happening. We're just going to the Ball as friends." Elyse hisses as she leans closer so less people hear their conversation.

"Yeah, but rumour has it you're going to Hogsmeade with him. Right after the Ball. So you guys spend an amazing night together and then spend a whole weekend with him, all alone." Luna smirks suggestively, making Elyse groan as a blush rises to her cheek.

"Stop. Will you. Yes, the rumour is true. We are going to Hogsmeade, but chances are Goyle and Crabbe will be there." She points out, causing the two girls to back down in defeat. "And anyway, who are you going with Cho?"

"I'm going with Cedric. He's very charming. I like him." Cho sighs dreamily, making Elyse smile as she gives Luna a look to shut up about what she knows.

"I can't believe I can't go." Luna pouts, making Elyse smile sadly. Luna was in a year below and only students from fourth grade and up could go to the Yule Ball.

"I'm sorry, Luna. If I wasn't going with Draco, I'd have taken you." Elyse smiles, making the blonde wave her off dismissively.

"Don't worry about it."

graphic: @CarKann