Chapter 14

A person who loves you truly, will never let you go, whatever situation is. <3

Chapter 14

Present

John's POV

I came out of my thoughts when I heard someone clear their throat.

I saw Rachel sitting on the bed, cross-legged, watching me like a kid with curiosity in her eyes.

"What are you thinking about??" She asked me, blinking her big beautiful eyes, like a five-year-old. 'Oh my god this woman is driving me crazy withher unlimited cuteness' I thought to myself.

"Nothing, " I said, smiling.

"Was that about Helen??" She asked me. I simply nodded.

"I am sorry, " she said, pouting adorably.

"Why are you sorry, Hun??" I asked, caressing her cheeks.

"Ok, tell me what happened to her, " she asked me which churned my stomach.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about it, " she said as soon as my face changed.

"No, it's fine, it is high time I start talking about what happened" I said smiling.

"We got closer as the days passed, but after our graduation, she wanted to do her PG in far off states. I was not the same from the day she left, but thank God it was only for a year, though that one year felt like a century. The long wait paid, she was on her way back."

FLASHBACK

I was waiting in the airport to receive her.

While she was away, I convinced her parents for her hand in marriage and also got blessings from my parents.

She came down riding the escalator, waving me. She came like an angel coming down from heaven. 

The second she came down, she ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I lifted her and twirled her around.

"I missed you baby, " she said, pouting like a kid.

"I missed you too, honey, " I said imitating her.

"So where are we going now??" She asked me.

"It's a surprise baby doll" I said and took her. This time I did not blindfold her because I wanted her to see her cute nervous reaction when I near her house.

As soon as I entered the lane where her house was, the color in her  face drained out. She turned pale.

"Why are we here??" She asked me, breathing  in and out heavily.

"To talk to your parents ofcourse" I said coolly and parked the car.

Her hands turned like ice. She started to shiver.

"What happened honey??" I asked her, with a straight face, trying not to laugh.

"What if they say 'no'?? You don't know about my father, he doesn't like these things, " she said with an expression of a kid who got up in middle of the night and is afraid that something is under his bed. It was hilarious.

I tried so hard not to laugh. She knocked the door and her mother opened the door. 

Helen's POV

My heart started racing as soon as my mom opened the door.

She gave me a questioning look, at seeing John.

"Mom, this is John, John this is my mom" I said, my voice shaking.

"Come in" my mom said without smiling.

My dad was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. I called out "Dad?" There was no reply except for a sigh.

"Sir??" John called out boldly which made me jump a little.

My father looked up and made a disgusted face on seeing John.

"Daddy this is John, the guy I love'" I whispered, even i could not hear what i was saying.

"What??" My daddy said, closing the newspaper.

'I am so dead' I thought to myself.

***

Edited by AbidhaAnwar  <-- she is awesome follow her.. Great editor :)

So hope yall like it :)

Dont forget to vote and comment :) 

Sre