22

"Hajime."

Iwaizumi tilted his head to look at the person seated next to him.

"What is it, Kuroo?" he asked, arching his brow.

"Did you bring your spare lenses?" the ravenette asked him in return.

Iwaizumi chuckled. "Of course. I'm not that dumb."

Kuroo just nodded and flashed his usual smirk. He tried to hide his worry.

After graduating in high school, the two lived together in Tokyo. Iwaizumi, at first, wouldn't agree. But his mom insisted, mainly because he wasn't in his best state and he wasn't that familiar with the new environment.

Iwaizumi majored in photography while Kuroo in journalism. They stopped playing volleyball and focused on their own careers. They worked in the same company, focusing on the sports side. They interviewed famous athletes within Japan and even around the world.

The two were actually waiting for a famous international volleyball team to enter the room. They were tasked to interview the members especially the Japanese ones.

"Hey, what's the name of the team we're interviewing today?" Iwaizumi asked, curious.

He didn't pay any attention during their meeting. He only takes photos anyway, he thought. Kuroo was the only one who actually listened.

Kuroo opened his mouth to answer but was then interrupted by the door creaking. A petite girl peeked inside.

"Uhm, excuse me. Are you the ones who'll interview our team?" she asked.

Kuroo flashed a grin. "Yes, please come in."

He looked at Iwaizumi and gave a thumbs up. It was a cue for the other to prepare the camera.

Iwaizumi nodded then headed towards his things. He rummaged through his bag, looking for the appropriate lens he prepared just for today.

On the other hand, the team entered the room, each of the members seated beside each other with the petite girl as their manager.

"Oh, there it is," Iwaizumi sighed as he picked up the lens. He aimed the camera to the team's side, checking the quality. The camera flashed, as he took several photos of them, with a smiling Kuroo greeting them. He smiled, he loved his job. It relieved him from stress.

He checked the photos, looking if the lighting was okay. His smile faded when he found a familiar face.

His heart almost stopped.

He looked up and was greeted by a pair of a familiar chocolate eyes.

"O-oikawa.." he mumbled, voice audible just for himself.

Iwaizumi broke the eye contact. With hands trembling, his grip tightened to the camera. He walked towards them, standing beside Kuroo. The latter shot him a worried look.

Iwaizumi faked a smile.

"S-so let's start?" Kuroo broke the silence.

----

"Why didn't you tell me Oikawa's on the team?!" Iwaizumi glared at Kuroo.

They were on a bathroom break. The team was still inside the room, waiting for them.

"I don't want to worry you before the interview," Kuroo answered, patting his shoulder.

Iwaizumi sighed and covered his face with his calloused palms.

"Of all the team, we were assigned to them," he mumbled.

"Just pretend you don't know him," Kuroo said. "I'll be heading out first, calm yourself in here."

Iwaizumi sighed again and leaned on the wall.

"Calm down, Hajime. It's been years. He's probably married," he cheered himself.

The truth was he knew Oikawa was in an international volleyball team but he didn't know the team name. He blocked all news about Oikawa, including his personal life. He wanted to move on and he did.

Or so he thought.

"Iwa-chan."

Of all the teams, they were assigned to them.

Of all the members, he bumped on to him.

Now what fate?

"H-hey..." Iwaizumi quite didn't know how to greet him.

It was unexpected that Oikawa's still calling him that.

"How have you been?" the setter asked.

Iwaizumi's heart thumped. Oh, how he missed his voice. He mentally shook his head.

Come on, Hajime. You already moved on, remember?

"Doing great, I guess." Okay, he tried to sound casual.

"Oh..." Oikawa shifted his gaze, looked like he had something to say but he just smiled a bit and met Iwaizumi's olive green eyes.

Then he continued, "I'm surprised that you pursued photography."

"W-well, I didn't want to continue volleyball after all that—"

Shit.

"I– I mean, after I almost failed a subject," he recovered. He scratched his head and chuckled.

"Y-yeah? That's good."

Iwaizumi couldn't take the awkward atmosphere.

"Yeah. I'm glad you're... doing good too. Gotta head out first."

He rushed his way outside the bathroom, avoiding Oikawa's gaze and "wait".

Fuck you, life. What's next?

-------

Hello!!! Been a while. I told myself this was gonna be the last chapter but I just don't know how to end this right away. I don't have an ending in mind yet but don't hate me if I'll write something sad, okay? That was my intention at first but now I'm having second thoughts. Hopefully, I'll end this with the next one. Well, what do you think of photographer Iwa and journalist Kuroo? Don't forget to vote. Thank you and please be safe.