6

It would never be easy. Coming out, showing the real you, it might cause a lot of pain. It could be unbearable, you might stumble unto judgments. You might want to let the darkness swallow you. Living sucks but people should. Even if you feel like slipping away from the whole idea of life.

The calm blueness of the sea faced the two boys' wholeness. The other one, a bit shorter, felt like doing something. Maybe forcing a topic into the silence. Just something. The taller one, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the other's struggle. He enjoyed it, something peaceful after a painful event.

Iwaizumi let out a sigh. Enough for Oikawa to hear. And, enough to let him notice the worry and longing attached to it. Two weeks seemed longer when there was no Oikawa in his life. He hadn't heard about him and he badly wanted to pull him and hug him tight. He never expected that the brunette could make him feel this bad. 

"Oikawa..."

"Yeah, Iwa-chan?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah."

The brunette was surprisingly silent.

"I know you're not," Iwaizumi groaned, "Come on, tell me anything."

"I told you I'm fine. Nothing much happened. Etsuko sometimes visits me," Oikawa replied in a low voice, not facing his companion. 

"Then why do you sound like that? You should be happy, you have a caring girlfriend," the black haired guy swallowed. Shit, why does it have to be this hard?

"Of course."

The short replies were obviously saying that something was up. Iwaizumi knew. Of course, he noticed.

"Everything okay with you both?" he asked, slowly like he didn't wanted the words to leave his mouth.

"Yes. I still love her, don't worry," the other chuckled.

"Oh..." What about me?

Silence enveloped.

"Now tell me why you haven't visited me for the past two weeks," Oikawa broke it.

"H-huh?" Iwaizumi was baffled. He didn't expect his friend's reply. He faced him and saw that the brunette was pouting, sulking.

"You're always mean and you seemed always angry and annoyed when I am with you . So, maybe you don't love me anymore! Maybe you really do have a girlfriend and you're abandoning your bestfriend," he spatted. 

The other boy just looked at him, amused by his sudden tantrums. Wow, welcome back Shitty-kawa.

"See? You're silent. That's because it's true. You can't lie to me, Iwa-chan. Matsun told me."

Iwaizumi's heart skipped a beat. Now this was really a turn of event. He made a reminder to punch Matsun when he sees him.

"Wh-what did Matsun told you?" he stuttered, his lips shook.

"Duh, that you like someone and that you're probably seeing her."

Her?  Iwaizumi smirked. Never mind punching Matsun, he would like to throw a party and thank the guy. Because he just thought of something evil.

"What now? Things should be fair. If you have a girlfriend then I should have one too," he countered.

"So you really have one. I hate you!" Oikawa glared at his bestfriend.

Why do you act so jealous when you're not? Way to go, Oikawa.

"And your point is?"

"You're keeping secrets! That's it," the brunette blurted.

"That's it?" Iwaizumi's voice hinted disappointment.

"That's it!" Oikawa looked away, arms crossed and lips pouted.

Iwaizumi faced the sea. The calm waves was a contrast to his messy mind and heart. 

"I don't have one."

"Liar."

"Really, Oikawa? You're giving me that attitude? Then maybe a girlfriend would be better than you," he blurted but then regretted because he felt his bestfriend stopped. Too late for him to apologize. He looked at the brunette. Tears started dripping from his eyes. He was crying for God's sake!

"Shit, I'm sorry! I was just kidding, okay?"

But the brunette cried harder, completely facing the opposite side. He didn't know what to do. He was confused as to why Oikawa had been acting like this. But, he couldn't ask why. Not on this state.

"H-hey..."

No response.

"Oikawa..."

"Shitty-kawa."

"Trashy-kawa!"

"Crappy-kawa!"

"Damn Tooru!" 

He pulled the brunette letting him inside his arms. He tried to fight the urge to hug him but failed miserably. He wasn't on his right state either. All he knew was that Oikawa was dealing with something and he pushed him off to his limit. His bestfriend wasn't telling him something. He knew that. So, he didn't let go. They stayed like that even after an hour had passed. Holding unto one another as if there's no salvation to their problems. 

--

It's dark and silent and cold. The two boys didn't mind, Oikawa was calming himself and Iwaizumi was about to burst. The brunette was the first one to break the hug, anxiety rose as he remembered something important.

"Damn, I forgot we're going to church at five today and I was supposed to pick Etsuko! I totally forgot about it!" Oikawa scratched his head in frustration. That moment, he knew he would again hear scoldings and bible verses at home.

"Oh no, seems like goodbye to your good boy image," his bestfriend teased, redness was still visible on his face but of course, the brunette wouldn't notice. He already stood up and dialed his phone, probably calling his mom or Etsuko.

"H-hello mom? Yes yes, sorry. I kind of forgot about our schedule! No wait, I'm on my way now- Don't worry, Iwa-chan is with me. Okay, bye."

The taller boy was pacing back and forth, panicking. 

"We should get going now before your mom would splash holy water on my face for keeping you here," Iwaizumi stated, pulling Oikawa to ride his bike.

Laughter could be heard while the ace drove his fastest.. It had been a while since they last hung out together. The fun times were slowly erased by the responsibilities of a young adult. For a moment, they did not want to grow up. With volleyball, they could be together. They did not want to lose it.