7

"Hajime! You have a visitor."

Iwaizumi just got out from shower when he heard his mom's call. It was Saturday and he planned to fetch Oikawa so that the brunette could monitor Seijoh's practice. He dried his hair with a towel, only half naked. 

"Hajime! Where are you? I said you have a visitor. Come down here for God's sake," he heard his mom yelled once again.

Who could it be? Perhaps Oikawa?

"Tell that shithead to wait-" he yelled back but was cutted off by a familiar yet unexpected voice. 

"I'm a shithead now, Hajime?" the owner of the  voice asked, obviously invading Iwaizumi's personal space.

His heart skipped a beat. 

"K-Kuroo?!"

Kuroo Tetsurou was also a childhood friend of Iwaizumi, before Oikawa. Apparently, his family moved to Tokyo so he also transferred to another grade school. He also loved playing voleyball and is currently playing as Nekoma's middle blocker and team captain. 

The unexpected visitor laughed. He brushed his black bedhead hair through his finger.

"Miss me?"

"What are you doing here?!"

"Oya oya? You expecting someone else?"

"N-no! It's just that... Wait, aren't you busy? I mean with training and such. Nationals is coming and you're here flaunting your ugly bedhead," Iwaizumi stated.

"Your childhood crush is here and you're here questioning his existence and flaunting your ugly body?" Kuroo teased, walked towards the shorter guy and confidently touched his well-toned body.

Iwaizumi slightly blushed and pushed the guy away. 

"Go away!" he spatted, "And you're not my crush, yuck."

"Okay okay, if you say so," the other said, smirking.

The ace rolled his eyes and picked some random t-shirt. He put it on and faced his guest.

"So, you're here alone?"

"Not really. I'm with Kenma but he told me he's visiting a friend."

"Kenma?" he asked, the name didn't ring a bell.

"Yeah, my setter," Kuroo confidently stated, emphasizing the MY like he owned the said setter.

"You mean, your new hoe," Iwaizumi said matter of factly. He knew his friend was such a playboy and he wasn't that surprise of what he had heard.

"Oh come on! I'm hurt," the guy said, clutching his chest as if in pain, "People change."

"And you're not one of them."

"He's my bestfriend since I moved out of here."

"Really?"

"Really."

The two laughed. They chatted for like an hour or two until Kuroo bid his goodbye and said that Kenma was already waiting for him.

"See you tomorrow, Hajime," the guy said, waving his hand. He was about to step out of the door when he was greeted by another unfamiliar face.

He whistled, "Hajime who is this cutie here?" he asked, eyeing the once again unexpected guest.

"Oikawa, wh-what are you doing here?" Iwaizumi stuttered for an unknown reason.

"I'm visiting you... but I guess you're quite busy, Iwa-chan," the brunette said, attempting to flash a smile.

"No no, Kuroo is going home. Right, Kuroo?" he declared and pushed his guest out of his house.

Kuroo was practically laughing and said, "Yeah yeah, see you tomorrow Hajime. And oh, I had fun."

The guy winked at Iwaizumi and started walking away, waving his hand.

"Who was that?" Oikawa finally asked.

"Uh he was my friend back then when I still did not know you but, he transferred to Tokyo so you did not get to meet him," the ace stated and then dragged Oikawa inside. The latter just nodded and sighed.

--

"Go go go go Seijoh! Push it push it push it Seijoh!"

The crowd was getting intense. Seijoh's opponent which is Karasuno was in match point, afterall. This match which would determine what team would make its way to the most awaited Nationals. If they could win this, then they would face the top one powerhouse school in Miyagi Prefecture, namely Shiratorizawa Academy. One more miss and the players' dream especially Oikawa's would be tossed away like a volleyball. Since Junior High, he dreamt of going to the said Nationals and unfortunately, would always lose to Shiratorizawa's famous Wakatoshi Ushijima.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi tried to calm themselves and focused. Apparently, the setter was allowed to play during the Spring Tournament. He was wearing a white knee brace to support his injured knee. 

With a few exchange, the atmosphere heated up. Kageyama tossed the ball attempting for their freak quick. Hinata sped up and jumped, spiking the ball with all his remaining strength. Iwaizumi, Kyotani, and Kindaichi also jumped for a block, extending their arms as high as they could. The ball touched Kindaichi's fingers slowing its momentum. Oikawa was at the back waiting for it.

The whistle blew.

Oikawa's eyes widened in shock, he frozed on his place. He attempted to receive the ball but it was just too fast that it only hit his arm. His knee was hurting so bad but it was nothing like the pain he had in his chest.

 The last point was clearly for Karasuno. The crowd went silent, for a moment. Probably processing what happened. Then the other side of the court cheered, while their opponent shouted in joy.

Seijoh was standing there, frozen.

(this scene is based from the anime so the whole idea isn't mine. although, i wrote it according to what i saw and understood. i put this here because it is necessary for the plot. so credits to furudate sensei for this one.)

--

"I-Iwa-chan..." 

The brunette tried to touch Iwaizumi's shoulder but the latter flinched causing him to stop. He sighed. He did not know what to do, it felt hopeless. They lost. For the past six years, after all the time and effort they gave for volleyball, they couldn't even place their feet on Nationals. It was their dream. It was kind of frustrating that Karasuno was just slightly above them- only a point and they lost.

"Iwa-chan... let's e-eat ice cream?" Oikawa tried to cheer his bestfriend up, but most likely also cheering himself up. He blamed himself. The ball was on his reach but he couldn't even let it up.

"I'm going home, Oikawa," the ace sighed, standing up, "Go with Matsun and Maki."

"B-But-"

"SHUT UP, OKAY?! For now, just...just shut up. Please..."

Iwaizumi walked away as fast as he could. He lost his temper and he knew he'd regret it tomorrow but he just wanted to be alone for now. On the other hand, Oikawa's eyes were brimming with tears. 

"I-Iwa-chan... I need you."