Get It Together

It's been 2 months since I found out about being on a wanted list. It's been one day since my mother went into labour. It's been at least 4 days since I've last cried and it's been about 2 minutes since I last died. She's all I think about, I can't help it. I worry about her, Marnie. I can't come to terms with it. We're over. Yet every time I think about her I feel like I'm being stabbed.

I decided to go for a walk. We'd been packed inside the hospital since early this morning. Mom could give birth any minute but I had to clear my head.

I walked down the street with my headphones in. It was raining, there was a storm hitting us tonight and the rain had began. I listened to the music blaring through my ears. Sam Smiths angelic voice piercing my heart. How it made me feel all types of way due to a simple beat. I could also hear the light thump of my footsteps in the background and I could feel the blood pump through my heart. I'm alive but yet I feel like I've died 6 times today.

I wiped a tear from my eye and turned down some street. The sun woul be setting about now on any other but for today it was dark and gloomy. I continued to walk and made my way down the street not very sure of where I was going. I saw a couple of antique stores and there was a large white building too. I saw the rain hit off passing cars and it wasn't until I heard the thumping of the rain hitting the windshield that I realised how heavy it was coming down.

I looked in the windows of all the shops simply trying to distract myself from my thoughts. I could smell coffee as I grew closer to a small café and realised it was the café Marnie and I would meet at all the time. I almost fell over my feet when I saw a girl and another girl, sitting down as they drank a cup of coffee both of them wrapped up in wooly sweaters with their hair in cute buns that somehow managed to be dry despite the buckets of rain. They looked happy and it made me sad. I sighed heavily and turned around closing my eyes for a second.

"Faith?" I heard a confused voice and I opened my eyes to see a completely soaked Marnie standing there.

"Marnie" I quietly said.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked "are you ok?" She asked "I heard your mom went into labour" she half smiled

"Uh yeah" I mumbled "she did,I just needed a break that's all. I should get back"

"Wait Faith" she called as I quickly walked away and turned the corner again.

I stood around the corner, leaning back into the grey,soaked, concrete walls as my tears escaped my eyes. Fuck it, I need to man up and talk to her.

I quickly wiped my eyes and turned the corner but Marnie wasn't alone, she stood there holding some girls hand. I tried to brush it off, maybe she's just with a friend but soon her lips met the brunettes and I ran. Ran from the noise, pain, I ran. I found myself back in the hospital within no time.

"There you are" Caleb came up behind me "she had her" he smiled and I did my best to smile.

I arrived in the door way and saw my mother laying in bed as my father held my new baby sister in his arms while Miguel sat on his lap.

I softly smiled when I saw her beautiful little face. Shes so innocent, so pure, no pain, heartache.

"Want to hold her?" I heard dad say.

"I can't I'm soaked" I replied and he looked up and nodded.

"Are you ok?" Mom asked and I nodded trying to fight the tears "it's just emotional" I wiped the ones that had escaped.

She smiled softly and looked to my dad again.

I turned to look out the window and avoid the stinging tears. It's time I get on with my life. I can't keep waiting on something that's not gonna come. Marnies gone, I've lost her "get it together" I whispered to myself and shut my eyes tight. From now on I'm gonna be happy and I'm gonna try harder at school and be better at home. I let myself go for he last couple of month and I'm ready to pick myself back up. I'm gonna be the daughter my mom loves and I'm gonna be the girl dads proud of, I'm gonna be the best big sister to not only Regan (my mom decided to change her name because of my middle being Isabella) and Miguel but to Hope. I'm gonna be a better me and that starts right now!