Chapter 6

Calum's P.O.V

"Calum, you up yet!?" Michael's voice boomed from what sounded like my living room. I guess one of them finally remembered to bring their set of keys with them.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a second, I'm just getting ready." I shouted back, my voice muffled to them by my, closed, bedroom door.

I quickly finished getting ready, which really doesn't really take me that long since I usually just wear an old, torn up band tee, skinny jeans, and whatever shoes I've left closer to my bed.

"Hey guys." I greeted as I walked into the living room, passing by them without a glance, grabbing my phone off the kitchen counter and then walking to the couch where both Michael and Luke were seated.

"Hey, when's Cassie coming? I want to start practice, I have an awesome guitar solo for the song we've been working on lately! I don't want to lose the idea!" Michael whined, grabbing his notebook and pencil that he carries with him everywhere, scribbling down the guitar notes while singing along quietly.

"Oh! So Cassie is coming." Luke smirked, looking over at me with a devilish and playful spark igniting in his icy blue eyes.

"Shut it Luke." I flipped him a bird, only playing around with him - just how we always do, "And stop smirking at me."

"No." He laughed, sticking his tongue out like a child would do, but Luke is a child so I couldn't really judge him.

"I hate you." I laughed with him, shooting him my right middle finger once again before walking out of the living room and straight for the refrigerator that holds my personal heaven.

"You love me and you know it!" He yelled out from his seat on the couch, way to lazy to actually get up and come into the kitchen to continue our conversation properly.

"Whatever." I scoffed, a chuckled falling off my lips right after, signaling that I was being rude intentionally. I wouldn't hurt Luke - or Michael - on purpose whatsoever. But, Luke being Luke, I have to watch my sarcasm because that kid takes everything way to seriously. He's a very gullible guy and very innocent at that, so, you have to be really careful with him. If you say one comment that he would consider even slightly insensitive, he'll act like a kicked puppy. We can't have that, now can we?

"That's no way to treat your best friend, the guy who forced you give Cassie a chance..." His signature smirk not leaving his face the slightest bit, and even though I couldn't see him at the moment, I know my best friends so much that I can just tell in the way they say something,

1: What they look like at the moment.

2: If they're being serious or not.

3: If I should kick their asses later on or not.

Just as he finished his sentence and before I could even get another word out, a small knock was heard against the dark wooden door in the living room - which was a lot closer to Luke by the way. As he heard the knock, his smirk got bigger, his eyes got a glint of mischief in them, and he let out a dark - but still very coltish - chuckle.

"Don't you dare, Luke." I growled, pointing a stern finger at him like a parent would do to their children.

Luke just laughed evilly and sprinted towards the front door, me following suit behind him. Just as he got to the door I pushed him over, leaving him to lay quite awkwardly in the area behind the door, and opened the think wooden door for myself.

"Hey." Cassie smiled, her voice chirpy from what I suppose is from excitement.

"Hey." I greeted back with a subtle wave, my breathing heavy because I just had to chase a skyscraper to my front door.