Chapter 13

Calum's POV:

After all this time, all it took was for me to let out my backed up emotions to the one person that started it all. It was that simple the whole time and I didn't know it. I could've been the same happy and outgoing Calum I used to be this whole time I was being such an ass to everyone if I had just sucked it up and went to talk to her a lot sooner.

When I got home from the bar I felt more alive than ever, I felt more free than when I was able to drive without a parent for the first time. Just the clarification that Ashley and I are now on good enough terms, and I can live the rest of my life without carrying the burden of our past relationship behind me every waking hour of the day, felt pretty damn awesome if I say so myself.

Now that it's a new day. The sun seems like it's shinning brighter than ever, the New York air seems to feel and smell fresher than it's ever been while I've lived here, the people surrounding me as I walk the busy pavement around my apartment seem nicer and less of a annoyance as they used to look in my eyes. For the first time in months - maybe even years - everything just felt right.

That is until I made the wrong decision of walking into my buddy, Luke's, apartment without notice or knocking on his door.

The ungodly sight before me made me want to either run into his bathroom and throw up or to scream my lungs out, I was to shocked to even pick which I wanted to do more as I stood, frozen in my spot, looking with narrowed eyes, down at the bed in my best friends room.

__________

Luke's POV:

I felt horrible.

Lies. Every word that has came out of my mouth these past few days seem to be all lies.

Once I woke Cassie up from her short nap she took against my chest and drove her back to the café, I made the decision to go to a party I was invited to earlier this week.

What no one knows is that I've never liked Cassie the way that I've been putting on to recently. I was never interested in her from the beginning. All I wanted to do that first night I meet Cassie at Calum's place was to watch movies and eat free food; but no, it didn't work like that unfortunately.

See, I've always been the type of person to mess with my friends. Like I'm always doing something to get on their nerves or something that makes them upset in any way. It's a habit I made when I was younger and now that I'm almost an adult, I still can't get myself to stop the tormenting habit that started in my past.

So back to the night I met Cassie. Right when she showed up I could instantly tell that Calum had some pretty intense feelings towards the girl, and me being me, I instantly wanted to push his buttons by using her as my main weapon against him.

So as hours past and I grew restless to see Calum at an uneasy state, I started to form a plan in my head as to what I wanted to do to mess with my friend this time. My first intentions were not to lead her on in any way, shape, or form. All I wanted was to get a little more familiar with her and her background.

So once Michael left and it was just the three of us sitting in his living room. I started to talk to her more and even pulled her into a hug that was a lot longer than it needed to be, just to get to Calum. I ended up doing stuff like that - small talk, simple physical contact, etc. - all night.