Chapter 15

Calum's POV

"So he just lied?" Her eyebrows were furrowed, trying to piece things together as I told her what happened earlier. "Sort of?"

"Yeah, sort of." I nodded, letting a laugh fly out of my mouth. "You see, he did cheat on her, but he wasn't committed to her in the first place. He never even loved her like he lead her to believe."

"He only said he loved her and acted that way to get you mad and annoyed, correct?" She questioned, looking as if she was finally understanding my story. "That sucks for you."

"Sure does." I coughed, looking away from her and too the empty glass on the counter in front of me. "I think I'm going to need something stronger than just beer."

"Vodka or Tequila?" Ashley smirked, waving the bar tender over to us. "I think I want some Tequila shots." She decided.

Shot after shot we got way more drunk than we had originally planned. By the time the third hour rolled over and a lot of other people our age started to pile in, we was way over our heads.

"Dance with me Cal!" She screeched as one of her favorite songs came on, jumping up from her bar stool and in from of mine. She grabbed my hand and eagerly pulled me out into the crowd of dancers.

We didn't do anything much, just move around in our own little bubbles while standing face to face with each other. But that all changed when the song switched to something more slow and bass oriented.

Without asking me, Ashley turned her small body around until back was pressed against my front. Neither of us said a word, she was doing her thing and quite frankly, I didn't mind at all. My carelessness was probably due to the outrageous amount of alcohol content I've consumed in the past few hours.

Countless songs passed and we continued to dance throughout them all. She seemed to get closer and closer to me as the night processed, by the time the bar tender cut us off, we had already planned to go to my place after we left.

Wobbling our way down the sidewalk, we spent more time than necessary hailing a cab to drive us back to my apartment. Once we successfully did get one's attention, we made our way to my place without a problem surprisingly.

As we walked through the lobby as quietly as possible, which wasn't really quiet at all, we randomly decided to run the steps instead of taking the elevator.

"Cal run faster! I'm in heals and still beating you!" She voice was extra loud as she giggled her way up the next flight of stairs.

"I'm tired of running Ashley." I chuckled, catching up to her short legs pretty easily not that we was on the level ground of my apartment floor. "You suck!"

"And why's that?" She stopped in front of me and through her arms around my neck, smirking up at me flirtatiously. "Am I annoying you Cal?"

"You would never annoy me!" I gasped and widened my eyes in a sarcastic way, wrapping my arms around her waist and picking her up. "The only people who do that to me is Luke and Cassie." I snorted, too drunk to even care what was coming out of my mouth.

"Good to know!" She smiled widely before jumping and wrapping her limbs around me, like a monkey would do, without any type of warning beforehand. I stumbled back a bit, luckily for me and her I caught myself and regained my balance before I crashed us both down to the hard wood floors.

"Clingy much." I grumbled, laughing at my own little pun as she rolled her glazed over eyes at me. I then put my hands under her for more support, carrying her body along with mine down the long hall and towards my front door.

"I'm a freaking giant!" She screamed as she realized she would have to duck to get past my doorway. "How do you do this? You're a skyscraper every day!"
I just laughed at her while struggling to open the door.

Cassie's POV

I felt bad for yelling at Calum and taking my anger towards Luke out on him. So, being the overly nice person I am, I decided to go over to Calum's to apologize.

I walked to the nearest bus stop, looking at the time table in hopes that at least one bus would be coming by soon, and lucky for me there was. So, finding that out, I pulled out a few dollars and waited on the bench placed there.

After a pretty short bus ride in the dark, I hurried through the lobby of Cal's apartment building. As I walked towards the elevator, I heard a lot of chaos from the stairwell, causing me to roll my eyes at those people's obnoxious noise.

As the I climbed onto the elevator, I clicked the button to Calum's floor, floor level five. The ride was quick but as soon as I started to walk to Calum's room, I saw him at the other end of the hallways, coming off the stairs with a girl in front of them.

I was confused until I saw her face, Luke had told me so much about her; Ashley. She was the one who hurt Calum so much. And now they are both smiling and laughing with each other, the two both obviously drunk.

I walked away, back to the elevator as I saw him carry her into his apartment. I had only one thing on my mind, maybe two. One; why was he talking to her again after what she did? And two; I need to tell his buddies so they can get him away from that Ashley girl, she's only bad news.

As I crossed the lobby, I remembered Luke and Michael live in the building in front of Calum's, so I went across the street and into there building complex and up to Luke and Michael's place, dreadfully.

"Cassie." Michael answered the door, his eyebrows furrowed and holding a look of pure confusion on his face. "I'm sorry but I was under the impression that you and Luke broke up."

"We did Michael, and I'm not hear to talk to him or about my break up." I sighed, uncomfortable with talking about they sad news I was told earlier this morning, it was still hurting me like crazy. "I'm actually here to tell you that I saw Calum take that Ashley girl up into his apartment."

"Wait, what!?" He looked genuinely nervous and shocked by my news. "When did you see this?"

"Just a few minutes ago. I went over to apologize to him for my behavior after Luke told me... yeah. I was walking to his door when I saw him carry her in, both of them was notably drunk. I came over here right after to tell you guys." I explained to him, nodding shyly before jogging off.

I did what I needed to do, but I couldn't hang around there any longer knowing that the guy who broke my heart not even a day ago was lounging inside.