Chapter 16

Michael's POV

"Luke what did you do to Calum?" I shouted once Cassie darted away from me and my apartment. "It has to be pretty dang serious!" I groaned, slamming the front door shut before walking to his bedroom.

"I didn't do anything that serious or bad this time mate, he's going to be fine." Rolling his eyes, Luke put his headphones back in, thinking I was done griping at him.

Walking further into his small room, I slapped his iPhone out of his hands and yanked his headphones out of his ears harshly. "What the hell Luke, listen to me for once!" I screamed out in rage. "Calum's upset over whatever you did and it's not turning out to be one of his pouts."

"What are you talking about Michael?" He questioned me, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"What you did this time has went to far or something because Calum has decided to hang out with Ashley again." I fumed, watching Luke as his eyes widened and his mouth fell wide open.

"Ashley, he ran to Ashley after I lied to Cassie?" He mumbled to himself, his voice still loud enough for me to be able to hear him though. "All I did was say I cheated on her."

"You did cheat on her right?" I asked cautiously, not knowing if I was supposed to hear what he was saying.

"Yes, I did cheat on her." He sighed, looking up at me once again. "But technically I didn't. You see, I lied to her, saying that I loved her too when I really didn't. That's what Calum was wanting me to tell her, but I left that out and now, for some odd reason that I don't know, she's putting Calum at blame for what I did."

Staring at him with a mixed look of disgust and slight confusion, I groaned loudly. "You freaking idiot! No wonder he went back to Ashley. He thinks that the girl he really likes doesn't like him back, that she hates him now."

"Sorry." Luke mumbled, shrugging his broad shoulders up as if he didn't do anything that serious. "In my opinion, I think he's over exaggerating what's going on."

"Luke, shut up!" I scoffed, walking out of his bedroom and towards the front door. "You've crossed the line this time, and now we are going to fix it."

"And by 'we are going to fix it' you mean?" He raised an eyebrow at me as he followed me around our apartment, putting on his own shoes as he noticed that I was doing the same.

"I mean, you're going to apologize and tell Cassie the whole story. What you did was plain out wrong and you know it, so you're going to do the right thing for once in your life. And I will make sure you do it." I growled, grabbing my keys off the kitchen counter before heading out, Luke following my lead.

Calum's POV

"Have you forgot all about that girl yet?" Ashley giggled in my ear, out of breath. "I think you should. She's not worth it if she chose your best friend over you."

"I don't know Cassie." I mumbled, my hangover starting to kick in and my annoyance for anyone and everyone at the moment was quickly growing. "Can you just go to sleep or something, I don't feel so good right now."

She huffed, rolling over to where her back was facing me. "Whatever Calum, this was probably a mistake anyways." Her voice was muffled by the pillows her face was smushed up against, but by the sounds of it, she wasn't as mad as she most likely wanted to be.

"Wait, Ashley, I'm sorry." I groaned, remembering that we made up and that I really didn't want to go back to hating her again. That only caused stress for me in the long run.